xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
misere

How Do I Get Over Him? Hes never going to be mine, but I cant get him out of my hea

There's this guy I know that I've been crazy about for years. He's always had girlfriends, but he was never really serious about any of them, and so although I told myself each and every time he hooked up with someone new that it was time to get over him for once and for all, it didn't really work because I knew that he'd break up with them soon, something that always happened. Then last Christmas, he found this girl that even I can tell he's serious about, which definitely means he's into her, considering how blind I can be where he's concerned. I've been telling myself since then that this time, I really have to get over my ridiculous crush on him, since it's also obvious that he's never going to see me as anything other than a buddy to hang out with, but despite all the talking-tos I've given myself, I still can't stop thinking about him.What should I do? What do you people do to get over unrequited crushes? How do I get over him?

There's this guy I know that I've been crazy about for years. He's always had girlfriends, but he was never really serious about any of them, and so although I told myself each and every time he hooked up with someone new that it was time to get over him for once and for all, it didn't really work because I knew that he'd break up with them soon, something that always happened. Then last Christmas, he found this girl that even I can tell he's serious about, which definitely means he's into her, considering how blind I can be where he's concerned. I've been telling myself since then that this time, I really have to get over my ridiculous crush on him, since it's also obvious that he's never going to see me as anything other than a buddy to hang out with, but despite all the talking-tos I've given myself, I still can't stop thinking about him.
What should I do? What do you people do to get over unrequited crushes? How do I get over him?

>>Hey shelly ere, i think the best way to get over sum1 is to think of sum1 else or hang out wit your friends more :huh: Dont wori bout him at least you can see him by hang'n out wif em!!!wb xxx ;) xxx

That's a tough situation. The only thing that I can think is that you have to stay away from him for a while. That doesn't mean you have to go hook up with some other dude to keep your mind off of him. Find something new that interests you, like taking a new class or going someplace new on your own where you can be completely distracted from thinking about him. It's going to be hard to make those sorts of feelings fade if you are buddy-ing around with him all of the time.

The truth is you never really get over someone, im in a spot where i always have 3-4 people on my mind. As much as i don't want to think about them, or get over them i can't. By the way you worded your post, it sounds like you haven't told him, that you do have an interest in him. Like a sercet crush, thats where you get into trouble cause you start thinking about the 'What if' etc.I suggest you just hang with friends, and be happy that he is happy, and if you find its really to much, you just have to tell him how you feel.

awh.. i get wat you are on about.. there was this boy i couldn't get over he was buff but people dint see him like that lol.. i liked him so much and he appreciated me for me and made me feel like i was his special gyaL and everything was perfect.. but people had to put their big heads in everything and then one person asked him if he would ever look at me as a girlfriend and he sed NO.. i was gutted when it got back to me.. i asked him on msn he told me that he dont look at me like that.. he doesnt look at any girL like that - i was scared to ask this question lol, i asked him if he was gay and he said yes i was like (at first) I FANCIED A GAY DUDE :huh: but things got better because he told me why and everything then i became a close girL friend and we are still like best friends. I think the best way to handle your situation is to talk to him about your how you feel and ask him if he will ever feel the same way- it might end up bad but it is for the best because you wont keep holding onto a little bit of hope and you can get on with someone else in your life

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years now, but I sometimes come across girls who I really click with. Not wanting to give up a good thing, I asked a good friend what he does, and he said to focus in on one annoying trait (we all have them ;)) that that the girls have and that will drive you nuts after a while.Simple as it sounds, it really does work. Hope this helps :huh:

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years now, but I sometimes come across girls who I really click with. Not wanting to give up a good thing, I asked a good friend what he does, and he said to focus in on one annoying trait (we all have them ;)) that that the girls have and that will drive you nuts after a while.
Simple as it sounds, it really does work. Hope this helps :huh:

i like that smoonie

I had one of those. 'Sept, he never had girlfriends.. I was just too stupid to tell him, possibly 'cause I was convinced he'd never like me back. Sometime this year, I have intentions of telling him, and finding out if he ever did feel the same.. since there's the possibility I'll never see him after this last year of high school. But what did I do to get over him? I tried to concentrate on another guy for a while.. even though it never really worked. It did for a while, but then I realized I didn't really like him, but I still liked the guy I was trying to forget. Maybe that would work for you, even though it failed miserably for me? :\ Eventually, anyways, I just.. got over him. I saw him one day in class and realized I didn't actually see myself being with him. It just.. happened. Try thinking about it, not about him, but what you would be like if you were with him, how he would be when he was with you, how either of you would change. Theres an off chance that you'll realize that you like him now, but wouldn't if he were with you.. Its different for everyone. I just had to live with it till it went away on its own. It took a good four or five years, but thats ok.. :\

Well the best way for me, to usually get over someone is by liking some other guy. Try meeting new people, and maybe you'll find interest in someone else. Or other good way is maybe hang out with your friends more, or play sports, or doing something that distract you from thinking about him. If you don't feel someone else, maybe you wont completely get over him but at least you're not mad crazy about him. I still think of my ex till this day, I only think about him at times.

The best way to get over someone is to remove all things that have anything to do with them. For example, if you usually talk to him on AIM, make a real effort to abandon AIM for awhile. If sappy love songs usually make you think about him, listen to something else. One thing that kept me from thinking about guys in high school was books. I read lots of books, but mostly classics, and it kept me occupied. Distractions are everywhere, so the best way to keep from running into them is to keep yourself really busy.

Just forget about him. Go out with your friends more, concentrate on your schoolwork. Find a new hobbie. Think of all of the bad things about him and concentrate on them. I bet there are cuter, funnier, nicer guys out there. Everything happens for a reason. This was MEANT to happen; he's not the one for you. There's someone even more perfect!

Thank you all so very much for all the advice and suggestions. A whole bunch of things ended up working out for me in the end...for starters, a lot of school-related things started going crazy on me, which resulted in my not really having enough time to think about anything outside of getting work done. Then when things started to settle down a little again, he went on a month-long vacation with his family, and now that he's back again, things are getting busy for me again, so it really doesn't look like I'll be thinking too much of him for another long while.The thing is, I think I'm finally over him for real, but I'm not sure. I've thought that I've gotten over him countless times before, but always, just as I'm almost entirely sure I don't feel anything when I'm around him anymore, he does something hopelessly nice and I'm lost again. I'll be seeing him for the first time in about a month tonight, which will be the ultimate test of how over him I am, so wish me luck!

A method that I've heard works is the no-contact rule. Just try to basically stay away from him for a while. Don't e-mail him or talk to him online or anything, or talk to him on the phone...just try to avoid him as best you can for a while and that may help the feelings fade.Edit: I just realized you already pretty much concluded this thread but I hope my advice is still helpful anyway.

Edited by Alissa (see edit history)

one thing i would try to do is avoid the person! if you can go areound him so you dont see him! and try too look at other guys also! that can help alot if you wanna forget about someone!GOOD LUCK!Fermy!