xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illdevilinc

Paypal Shoping Cart everyone probably knows this but i have a question too

Ok i signed up with paypal premium. The free sign up really supprised me but the fees they dock you with are present (yet not very bad). But i found out how good there shoping cart was. Its basicly automated so you wont have to input very much on one button. It also generates the html code for you to use to. But The problem with this cart is that you have to manually make each button for each product. But at least you give your users a secure checkout and have an email notification for each purchase that gets made. Now here is my question:Is it ok to have people purchase things on your site but you buy it from another company and have that companie ship it to them? But i did have the users agree to that happining. Anyways if you want to look at the setup that i have then go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and if you want to see how this pricing is set up click the buy cd's place on the top and click an artist.Thanks

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit to fix URL

No reason why not. Paypal is a payment processor. Their fees are amoung the lowest especially for low volume users. The lowest your going to get from a processor is $.35 + 1.5% per transaction. I worked for a company that sold those services at one time and that was our absolute floor we could negoiate all the way down to. Anyway, what your doing is drop shipping. Not totally un heard of. You can certainly have Paypal process your transaction and collect the money, then you order and have the product drop shipped to them. On larger purchases with our farm that's happened. We ordered some new grain storage bins. The bin dealer didn't have them in stock, he had them shipped from the factory after we paid him.