xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BOAW

Phpnuke Or Postnuke? Which Is Better?

which is most recommended? popular....phpnuke or postnuke?? um and which ever is better where can i get the latest update for that program...if thats wut u call it...and if so does ne1 know a cpanel tutorial on how to set up the php?? i used to make php sites along time ago...n i forgot some of the things i have to do =/...but i got mysql working thou because i think u just need to add one and your good right

Notice from mayank:
Moving it from Xisto - Web Hosting->technical support to Hosted members area

PHP Nuke is most popular but it's just because it was one of the first portals available. IF you would ask me I wouldn't use any of those Portals, I would use CPG Dragonfly. IF you would use one of those two I would go for PostNuke.

Setting up cpg dragonfly is pretty easy, create a mysql DB (cPanel > MySQL > Add Database) and assign a user to it (cPanel > MySQL > Add User, cPanel > MySQL > Assign user to table), then edit config.php with the mysql database & user settings you just created.

I would have to say the best out of thoses two portals is PHPnuke. I have used it before and I was very happy with it. The only problem that I had with it is the fact that you have to pay for the latest version but as soon as a new version comes out you can get previous ones free so its not that big of a deal. I would also say that PHPnuke is more popular so you are going to be able to find more modifications for it compared with other portals.