xisto Community
mayank

New Extension For Firefox! apart from google toolbar

well, all of us know what phishing is!(for those who dont know..please search on google for these terms "what is phishing") and everyone wants to be safe from it. There are tools out which helps you to be safe from phishing..but I think google's come up to beat all of them :huh:

Well, they've come up with Google Safe Browsing extension..which gets installed in the firefox browser and alerts you about those sites which are fake..or are trying to cheat you!

This is still in beta phase but I am facing no problems with it on Firefox 1.5.0.1 which is running on windows XP.

This is a very small (only 93 KB) but effective tool. I'll suggest you guyz to install this one and get rid of PHISHING!

Link of Safe browsing extension

There are other extensions as well..but I didnt find them usefull enough so I didnt bother to write anything about them..you can check them @ https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=pBslVPOQBMaH8Qfe8oG4BA&gws_rd=ssl

oh i didnt visit labs.google.com long time ago...i see they have FF extensions and few new things.and about this extension its realy good idea but i think it couldnt be more useful then some others.. like google page rank checker.i mean it can save you from some known sites that use phishing but hackers are allways one ( or more ) steps before....

I think the Google Safe Browsing extension is an EXCELLENT idea.

Although I have not encountered any phishing websites at the time, people who do online banking, etc. may find this extension to be quite useful.

Please see my Download.com review of Google Safe Browsing extension for Firefox.

Product:

Google Safe Browsing

Version: 1.1

Mandatory for Firefox

Pros: Extremely excellent product! Simple and provides a test page. Advanced URL Sending feature can be enabled to provide a community of protection. You can also repost phishing. A really good thing about this is that it is NOT compatible with Internet Explorer, only Firefox!

Cons: When Firefox 2 comes out with phishing filter, people will not need this anymore (don't know of new versions).

Posted: 22-Mar-2006 03:09:39 PM

I think this extention is now a standard of firefox...I'm not shure but you can choose something like this in the firefox control panel.