xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brainless

Religious Fundamentalist's Bank Account Frozen ...I have to admit: Patriot Act works :/

According to an article [tampatrib.com] in The Tampa Tribune from Wednesday, the daily work of a group of religious fundamentalists has been severely disturbed due to actions taken according to the US Patriot Act about four months ago.

The group's main bank account was frozen, deposits were not accepted and 22 checks bounced. Anonymous sources say that state agencies were involved and some Visa could not be paid; for unknown reasons none of the religious fundamentalists was arrested.

...hooray Patriot Act :huh:

(edit: fixed topic title - It's a Bank Account, not a Ban Account)

Edited by brainless (see edit history)

Haha. Brilliant. They're clearly international spies...This IS worrying though. The fact that these people couldn't go about their work for MONTHS juz coz of the patriot act shows that there are still flaws in this act. I heard they're gonna renew it soon but i lost the article link. By renew, i mean make changes and modifications. Most appreciated if someone could find a link to an article about this and post it here.Oh, and this post is cryptic on purpose, juz like the first one. It's funny to read the article and get something that you don't expect..

I hate patriot act coz it make your live public, i bet that all the information gathered wiht the Patriot act can be hacked easily for "another" uses.... thats the real life, and everything is like that right now...

This is not what I think about when i think of the Patriot Act...but I guess it happens. I personally am against the Patriot Act because I think it violates my personal liberties. But that is rediclous. I mean, the lack of a SS# on file does not mean you should be put out of work. Just clear it up.