xisto Community
semeticsister

The Crappiest Teacher Ever

Okay so I know that teacher rants are pretty commonplace in this forum, but whatever, shut up. hehe. So anyway, I have this science teacher named, er, "Mr. Froop". Yeah, that sounds cool. Mr. Froop. So my beef with Mr. Froop is the fact that he rarely ever teaches us real science. We have to do stupid retarded projects that are worth hundreds of points and don't even contribute any educational value! For instance, at the begining of the year, we had to memorize a stupid song about space and then make a seven minute skit that teaches us about the song. What the fricking hell? Next project: we had to read a science fiction book and then make a diorama about our favorite scene in the book. ITS CALLED FICTION FOR A REASON, STUPIDHEAD. And the most absurd project we had to do (which was worth a good chunk of our grade) was to construct a fictional alien/UFO. Educational value? Zero minus infinity. WTF, Mr. Froop?! He claims that all these "projects" enhance your creativity. BULLSH*T.

Mr. Froop, I don't care if you've one the "prestigious" title of "Best Earth Science Teacher Of the Midwest". YOU ARE DEPRIVING YOUR STUDENTS OF A REAL SCIENCE EDUCATION AND YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE TEACHING.

I would gladly move to a different science teacher, but the problem is that Mr. Froop is one of two teachers that teach High Performance science (which I'm in). The other teacher has a full class with no more vacancies, so I can't transfer to the other teacher's class.

Grrrr.....Mr. Froop, why don't you pursue a career other than replacing vital knowledge with stupid projects because you don't know a thing about science and you can't teach a decent lesson?

Yeah, I know the feeling. I had an english teacher who would give us photocopied 'exercises' of very little value and then would take off to do 'photocopying' (i.e. chain smoke outside) for the rest of the lesson. Needless to say, I got very poor grades for english that year.Anyway, you should either tell your parents and get them to make a formal complaint or make a formal complaint yourself (preferably anonymously) though unfortunately students carry less weight than parents do. You'd be surprised how well formal complaints can razz up a teacher. It's not nice having to make them but your education is at stake - you don't want to end up like me, losing an entire year (which stuffed me up in the next) because a teacher can't pull their finger out. I'm all for creativity - the best teachers I had gave us really creative projects but they need to be relevant.At any rate, good luck!

Oh. That sounds like loads of fun. We have a science teacher, who first off, has 35 different rules that you must follow. One of them is to sit up straight for good health. Another is to keep your elbows off of the desk at all times. Then, we study his notes. On test day, we have to give him the notes WORD FOR WORD on the test or it is completly wrong. When we write stuff (notes, etc.) every letter most touch the line. If not, you recieve a zero. He sucks. But, as the other guy said, good luck!

Ha ha... Mr. Froop. I've got a Psychology teacher that's the same way. She doesn't teach... unless you'd call telling us what to read teaching. There are never any classroom activites relative to what we're studying. We basically teach ourselves the material... and she's the one getting paid. It seems like a wicked case of role reversal; I think we should be getting paid, I mean we're the ones teaching ourselves! In any event, I think you should direct Mr. Froop to this thread and perhaps he'll change his style of teaching. The song I can see as being relevant to the class, like a song for memorizing the order of the planets in our solar system... but constructing a UFO? What in God's name is Mr. Froop smoking?

I remember the worst teacher I had. Mrs Chun. She was a short Asian lady and she was mean. She used to grab kids real hard by the shoulders and slam them up against lockers and such. We got her fired, my brother and I, when she left finger bruises on my shoulder.I used to think my 7th grade science teacher was the devil. He was always so short and snappy with us. One day the students took his glasses from him when he walked in the room. He couldn't hardly see. He stumbled to his desk and went to sit down and find his spare glasses but they took his chair too. So he fell down and hurt himself (he was a little old guy) and the stuffed him in the classroom closet and locked him in there until he cried.Now, being the angsty little 7th grader I was, I thought it was cool at the time. Then a couple months later on winter break, I was riding my bicycle around town when this group of kids attacked me. And who should come to my defense and drive them away? My 7th grade science teacher. He invited me to have lunch with him and his daughter and grandchild.Boy did I feel small after that.Anyway, I'm glad I grew out of that phase.

As has been said, you must make a formal complaint about this teacher. You are there to learn and it sounds like you want to, but with a teacher like this you will suffer. Once you find a real teacher you will not have the understanding of science that you should have.As for your formal complaint, I recommend the complaint be in writing and be addressed to the head of the school, and the political leader for education if you really want to make an impact. Do not mess around trying to talk to the teacher, I think you would be wasting your time. You must put an end to this nonsense as soon as possible, the futures of a whole classroom of students is at stake here. Surely there must be a curriculum this teacher should be following, all you need to prove is the fact that he is not following it.

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

woah.. yur teacher sounds soO.. idiotic jus like my old spanish teacher, he didnt make us do stupid things but he allways use to chat to me as if i was an idiot.. i mean he sed to me that he needed me for parents evening so he could tell my mum data i was stupid but my answer was and i quote

My mum said i dont need an appointment for spanish because it aint important

but did the stupid man believe me? NO!! he went and called my mum and dad btu luckily my mum stays on the fone and my dad changes his fone every 2 months

lol , somthing like the chemistry teacher i get this year , he gives us lots of notes to copy down....doesnt explain anything if you dont know what it means...doesnt give you practice example questions or anything :huh:..i feel sorry for ya man ..

lol that does sound brutal. I had a teacher that was rarely in class. This was especially bad just before exams as we needed to do lots of review to be ready. Anyways, we always had substitute teachers, then one day he shows up, just before exams, hands out a review sheet and vanishes again... Needless to say hardly anyone in the class received great marks. A week later the principle came to talk to us about him and his personal problems, which she didn't disclose to us. Then she gave us a make-up test for the following week as well as prep work. I believe he was forced into retirement after that :/.

I've had a bad teacher before. However, what she told us to do wasn't as bad as your teacher. Basically, she would tell us these dumb math problems and FORCE us to write down EVERY LITTLE THING as our "work" for the problem. (She's a sub, which NOBODY likes). Anyway, nobody listened to our complaints about her. When she started this one section with us (I forget what it was), it ended up being so hard that we started a petition (didn't work). Also, she made us do CALCULUS work (and I was in 9th grade. Calculus can ONLY be taken by students in 12th!), when this is supposed to teach us stuff we wouldn't get to in Algebra I or Algebra II. Anyway, I hope you can get that issue with your teacher resolved soon!

God I hate substitutes too Ham, they're incredibly annoying. I can think of one in particular; she won't hesitate to write you a referral for the slightest things... she once wrote one for a kid who yawned while she was lecturing. Our class had the unfortunate pleasure of her subbing for a week. Ugh, needless to say we we're incredibly grateful upon the return of our regular teacher.

My science teacher is not the best teacher on the planet. One day I walk into her class and she hands out our new science books. I figured we would read soon, we read about recycling. The next day she is still talking about recycling even though it was only one section long. I figured ok, you must really enjoy teaching this. The next day we are still learning about recycling and it continued for two whole weeks. In that time we had to count how much of a packaging type were in one isle of our local supermarket. These isles are huge and it took me like an hour just to complete that part of the project. Then I had to interview the store manager. A few days after getting that pointless assignment we began drawing posters about keeping our waters clean. This poster comes with an essay. All this is starting to not teach us anything about what we should be learning. The state I live in requires science students to learn certain things by the end of the year. Two weeks about recycling is not going to help us learn what we need to learn by the end of the year because it was only one section from the book.

When I was in Primary School (about 5th grade I think) I had a teacher who looked really mean, all wrinkled and lemon lips and was really mean. She had strict rules like if you rocked on the chair she would take the chair away and give you a crate to sit on, then if you rocked on that, she took that away and you got nothing to sit on.

The year before I had a teacher who yelled and screamed at me because at the beginning of the term I couldn't remember which reading group I was in then got up and slammed the desk lid down on my knees at which point I ran off to the toilets where I was bawling my eyes out so bad I puked - the staff had to ring my mum at work to come and get me. I was terrified to go back to school the next day.

When I was in Intermediate, the school still had corporal punishment and I got wacked over the knuckles for something I didn't do (I just happened to be in the vicinity).

There was the chain-smoking english teacher (she smoked so much that at the time we honestly thought that she must have been a transexual because she looked and sounded like a man) from my first post.

One year of French, we had 5 different teachers because the original left in a hurry then they brought in a sub who spoke the most atrocious french to the point we couldn't understand him - one of the girls made an offhand comment about when we were going to get a teacher who could actually speak French and he turned bright red and walked out. Enter sub number 2 (after a lecture about keeping our mouths shut). We then got a real teacher after a few weeks, who got pregnant (even though she denied it and said that she had something wrong with her stomach) and had to leave. Enter sub number 3. Needless to say not many of us did well in French that year - so many students left during the year that we only had about 7 by the end.

Finally when I was at Uni and doing the advanced programming class, the teacher would tell you which exercise in the book to do and sit there reading for the rest of the lesson. If you asked for help, he would tell you to ask one of the other students - given that no one else had a clue what to do either (after asking for his help) not very much got done.

That ends, I think, the list of all my bad teachers. :huh:

Oh, I forgot the Phys Ed teacher who said there was NEVER an excuse for not having your P.E. uniform (even if you had a letter from your parents), including the time that my shorts disintergrated on me the morning that I needed them. She made me do P.E. in my top and swimsuit - everyone teased the crap out of me which she did nothing to stop of course.

i hate my social studies/ science teacherThe Crappiest Teacher Ever

I hate my social studies/ science teacher. Inorder to understand my complaints you have to know these stupid details about my school. We have "merits" and "demerits" you get merits when you do something good. You get demerits when you do something bad. Basically demerits are the same as losing merits. Our schedule is 1st and 2nd hour, lunch, 3rd hour, and 4th and 5th hour and checkout. I have him for 1st and 2nd hour and checkout. He is 24 years old for crying out loud! he just emails people all the time and drinks energy drinks when it is strictly against the school rules. One time when we were learning about south america, he shows us a video about the american revolution and we've seen it before. I fall asleep because he tells us we don't have to take notes. Everyone wakes me up, and he asks me if I was asleep. I say yes. He says "its demerits." the other class, who has him for 4th and 5th hour have this kid whos mom is dating him. Thats why he treats them better, even though we're not even half as bad as they are. One time, he gave us a lecture on respect and said that the other class would get the same lecture. The lecture took 40 minutes for us. They got a 5 minute lecture on not sitting down and let them play a game. He put this one kid who thinks he knows everythin sit by all his friends and he talks all the time and never gets in trouble. He puts all of my friends with people we hate. And you know how teachers aren't allowed to say retarded? well guess what? hes said it 4 times. He even said s***!

-reply by cheese and mac