xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Locutus

Anyone Know About Those Poker Sites...

I'm looking for a way to make money on-line. I'm trying goolge adwords right now - so far I haven't made a dime. I know of a company that will set up a poker site for me. They manage everything. All I do is advertise it. They do everything else including hosting it free for a year. After the first year, it's $99/year for hosting. They also say they'll show me how to advertise it. I know one way to advertise would be through auto-surfing sites. Then there's google adwords...It costs $300. This isn't the kind where you play against a program. Those seem to be scams. The hands are fixed. In this system you play against other people. There must be many sites doing similar things to this. The URL is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Anyone know if this or similar schemes work? Thanks.

I'm quite sure there are laws against actively advertising poker sites which play for real stakes. I don't know that for a fact, but I would suggest you look into it.I seem to remember reading somewhere that poker sites often register the same domain name accross different TLDs (eg. pokersite.com and pokersite.net), advertising one as a free place to pay poker online without real money, whilst subtly hinting at the pay-to-play site via domain association, the reason being that it's illegal in the US (and probably other Western countries) to advertise poker and online gambling sites where real money is involved. As I said, though, I don't know, and I'm no lawyer, but I would suggest you look into the legalities surrounding online gambling, or more specifically, online poker.Oh, and also, that may just be advertising in the media; you may be able to advertise online, I don't know.

Edited by Spectre (see edit history)

No, poker sites don't make money from fixing hands. They simply make money from raking in cash games (where theres a limit to a hand) and tournaments which is usually 10percent of the (buying + 10percent). But the question is whether they are legit and not just scamming you for the $99 lol

Poker Sites are Illegal Beware. The CEO of Party Poker.com (one of the most famous poker site) was sent to jail for 5 years. Moreover, when you deal with a business where there is a lot of money circulation, it tends to be very risky. Any hack or any any system crash can lead you into trouble.