xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sammaye

Video Screen Capture

Does anyone know of a real video screen capture program.I need one that will take a screen shot from a wmv file or such like whilst it is playing and be able to have it editable in photoshop CS2. I dunno whether this is possible but if it is can anyone specify a particular program that could be used...I have been trying to find such program and have tried 100's from cnet and that but none so far have done what I have asked it...and please dont say normal print screen on keyboard lol cos that comes out with it in the image application still playing :huh: dunno how but I think some kind of active control is made so that the image is actually a video lol...

Photoshop cannot edit any vidoe files. In fact, Photoshop cannot even do animated GIFs. So you will need a real video editing software. If you own Windows XP you will find Movie Maker which comes with your operating system. That's a simple video editing software.But as far as capturing screen shot.. as in a still picture or short clip? If it's a screen shot just use the Print Screen button. If it's a short clip, convert your whol WMV file to MPEG (free converters are out there). I use TMPGEnc mpeg-1 since it's free. Then, you can import that to your Movie Maker and just chop off what you don't need.

What you are looking for seems to be fraps, program made primary for taking videos of game playing, but should fit your need, can do clips in avi or screen shots and you can customize options to fine tune the kind of image/video you want.

As I understand you want a clip of a wmv file, just play it in fullscreen, press the key fraps gives you to start, then press it again to end, and you get an avi, then use your favorite movie editing software to convert/edit.

http://www.fraps.com/

Edited by LocalSeer (see edit history)

<embed type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" src="http://Website/DirectoryForVideo/Video.rm" width="Video's Width in pixels" height="Video's Height in pixels" autostart="true" controls="imagewindow" console="video">

I use that myself so it works for Real videos, put it in a table cell, match the width and height of the cell, and bingo you have a video inside the page.

Does anyone know of a real video screen capture program.
I need one that will take a screen shot from a wmv file or such like whilst it is playing and be able to have it editable in photoshop CS2. I dunno whether this is possible but if it is can anyone specify a particular program that could be used...I have been trying to find such program and have tried 100's from cnet and that but none so far have done what I have asked it...

and please dont say normal print screen on keyboard lol cos that comes out with it in the image application still playing :huh: dunno how but I think some kind of active control is made so that the image is actually a video lol...

try this csreen capturing software

i've been using a software called SnagIt and i must say that its very very good, just give it a tryat present i do not have any link to it, but u can google it and u'll get it

wow great to know how to do video screen capture...I am posting the movies on the web, real media format. i wanted to know how to post the screen captures images on my website so that the users who download the movie from us can have a look at the screen capture image on the website and think of downloading the movie or not... a great great thanks to the member who posted this topic....

wow great to know how to do video screen capture...I am posting the movies on the web, real media format. i wanted to know how to post the screen captures images on my website so that the users who download the movie from us can have a look at the screen capture image on the website and think of downloading the movie or not... a great great thanks to the member who posted this topic....

If you ever come back to have a look at this... just be careful what you do with any copyrighted movies and such, just showing them on the web let alone allowing people to freely download may be riskey....
You may not be using clips from other copyrighted movies / DVDs etc., if so the i've bitten off the wrong end of the hotdog! but better safe than sorry! the internets a place for sueing and making money and enjoyment and .. bla .. bla .. bla on I go! .... Enjoy.