xisto Community
mama_soap

Editing And Saving A File I suppose I could use some help...

Well, I've been trying to run a test installation of mambo on my server here at Xisto. It so happens that a particular component that I installed needs a small bugfix, for which I need to edit a file. This should normally be no problem; I always ftp-download my file onto a text editor, edit it and save (it automatically saves the file on the server).

However, I suppose it's not my lucky day today - I mean, the normal procedure gives me an error:

Could not rename partial file /public_html/mambo/components/com_mosforms/mosforms.class.php.Please check permissions.

So I change permissions to 777, and still nothing. I try changing the file through the file manager. This is particularly amusing - it says the file is 'saved', but when I open the saved file, it's unchanged! Also, I tried backing up the file and deleting it, so that I could re-upload the changed version, but the file refuses to be deleted. Again, on the file manager, while the UI indicates that the file has been moved to trash, it's still sitting there.

I thought this was a little wierd. I would appreciate any pointers; because I'm beginning to feel a little lost. I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience?

Before I begin believing in the supernatural, please give me an indication as to what I'm doing wrong...