xisto Community
abdalla agamy

Windows Xp Start 60% Faster

Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

Whenever you start your computer, you are faced with a few moments of thumb twiddling while Windows XP boots and prompts you to log on. Although you should expect to wait for a few moments, sometimes Windows XP seems to boot rather slowly. In fact, you may notice that over a period of time the PC that used to roar to life seems a bit sluggish instead. Fortunately, you can perform several techniques that help Windows XP get the bootup speed you want. This chapter explores how to put these techniques to work.

for more info;

download: 32 KB - pdf

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from jlhaslip:
Member reported this link is dead. File not found, so I have de-activated the URL bbcode.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Plagiarised from a member called Legion Of Doom, here. Quoted. This member provided this link for those who can't get to raphidshare

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

----------------------

abdalla_agamy@hotmail.com

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Making Windows XP Start 60% FasterWhenever you start your computer, you are faced with a few moments of thumb twiddling while Windows XP boots and prompts you to log on. Although you should expect to wait for a few moments, sometimes Windows XP seems to boot rather slowly. In fact, you may notice that over a period of time the PC that used to roar to life seems a bit sluggish instead. Fortunately, you can perform several techniques that help Windows XP get the bootup speed you want. This chapter explores how to put these techniques to work.

for more info;
download: 32 KB - pdf

rapidshare.de/files/4615343/Making_...XP_Start_60.pdf

Notice from jlhaslip:
Member reported this link is dead. File not found, so I have de-activated the URL bbcode.

----------------------
abdalla_agamy@hotmail.com

Yeah my comp starts slowly, too slow. Your techniques help! Thank you!

My Windows has been starting really slow :huh: for the past week or so, so I simply went into MSCONFIG (Start>Run>msconfig) and disabled all the unnecessary start-up programs (the ones that don't say SYSTEM next to them).I believe that msconfig is one of the better ways to increase start-up speed for your computer.

my computer starts very very slow, i use NOD32, deamon tools and zone alarm, in startup. My computer starts like a snail, I hate it being so slow, i have a decent configuration. Your techniques vwere pretty good, I managed to get few seconds . Thanks freind you really helped me alot, good work.

I've heard a lot about all those windows xp tricks, but the thing is it might not work the same for all users. Many people have their OS's modified already and changes described in that manual might lead to negative outcomes. Here's simple example that I've experienced on my own, - if you change the delay after windows shuts down (can't remember the value name), sometimes pc might freeze and never restart on its own. Secondly, shortening the delays in registry might cause your pc not only freeze but also give you errors. The problem is even greater if your pc is not a fast one. In a word all those tricks usually don't lead to any positive changes.

Yeah i definately think tweeking your MSCONFIG (Start>Run>msconfig) and disableing all the unnecessary start-up programs is the best way to boot your computer definately at start-up becuase it obviously wont have much processes or anything else to start-up and you'll be already set to start doing what you want to do before you know it

I Would like to ask if tweaking with windows xp is harmless ??????the last thing i want is being blocked out of my computer due to an error in the files.

Mmmm... some times I hate XP but it's not that bad. I just stoped entering into every "interesting" site I could, stoped using iExplorer, I'm now careful woth everything I download and install, bought a PC with a better processor and got lots of RAM!! =P :)