xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jan586

Google Os

WoW! I didn't heard about it.. Nice NewS bro.. I thnk the Googles OS will rock.. I mean I like Google & all the Google Services seemed to be very good.. So the OS might be awesome....If you get any news about it..Please Post it.. THnX

Could be another joke...Google has a tradition of creating April Fool's Day jokes such as Google MentalPlex which featured the use of mental power to search the Web. In 2002 they claimed that pigeons were the secret behind their growing search engine. In 2004 it featured Google Lunar which featured jobs on the moon and in 2005 a fictitious, brain-boosting drink termed Google Gulp was announced. One can find other pranks hidden between Google's pages. In the languages list one can find the Bork! Bork! Bork! version. Bork! is the mock Swedish of the Muppet Show's Swedish Chef. They also offer versions in Pig Latin Elmer Fudd, and Klingon. Some people thought the announcement of Gmail in 2004 around April Fools Day (as well as the doubling of Gmail's storage space to two gigabytes in 2005) was a joke.

a google os?!?! That sounds cool! I wonder if it will have the googly search implemented into your browser and stuff. I like gmail a lot and I use it frequently although my inbox is always being loaded with spam.

it's probably just an altered version of linux to directly fit their needs. most people who are technically make their own distribution of linux for their needs.

If this is true then I guess microsoft was right to fear Google's potential. I can't say this was completely unexpected as many people have suggested that google should make an operating system but I didn't really think they would do it. But I had joked to my friends saying that if any corporation could take down microsoft it would be google.I would love to see a list of features that they wish to incorporate into their os. I also wonder how much it would cost. If it were free I could really see google taking microsoft's monopoly of the market. I would switch and save a few hundred dollars every few years if google made a decent os. I have been waiting to get away from microsoft for a long time and this might be the solution.I am also curious to see how microsoft will react in response to google's direct threat on their flagship product. Since google might become a large compeditor against microsoft it might put them into an arms race to develop new technology never before seen at a fast rate giving more benefits to the user.This news certainly sounds fantastic, I can't wait to see google os. It's a shame that it's probably going to take them a few years. Maybe google will surprise us and develop it before it is anticipated, if anyone is known for quick software development it is google.

Just read a few of those articles myself, and although some people have been down on Google recently, I thinik they have a bright future if the company sticks to what they do best. I'm just as curious as the next person as to how the Google OS will emerge. As we see now and what we can envision in the near future, Google has proven to be much more than a great search engine.

I am not a fan of the Linux OS - I like my operating systems to be a simple point-and-click interface that gets things done quickly and easily (as opposed to the complicated console system used by Linux operating systems). So, unless this Google operating system has a system that can launch basic applications (the way Windows launches .exe files), I am pretty sure I will never use it.

Eventhough this may be a Hoax Google must consider using its technical expertise to provide a complete platform integrating all the services offered by Google. Surely Google is the big threat to Microsoft and hope that it'll one day overcome Microsoft.

Actually, I hope that Google never "overcomes" Microsoft, nor Microsoft "overcome" Google. If they both begin to manage similar markets, it will create competition, which will drive down prices all across the board. If Google would completely take over, it's possible that they would then begin wanting money for their services, since they would then be a monopoly. Businesses should always be kept in check with competitors.

If this is true, then not only will Google look better, but Microsoft would look worse then before. Think about it: Firefox made a better Internet service, Google made a better email service, and now Google will *probably* make a better operating system, which is Microsoft's biggest success. Sad times for Microsoft, indeed.Then again, if the OS doesn't turn out good, Google would look pretty bad. Still, there aren't many popular operating systems out there--and Google has a wide-range of intelligent worker. I think they can pull this off. I sure hope this is true, because Microsoft needs to stop gaining money. They're taking it from other businesses in need. (Not like it would change if Google created a OS...)

Well, First of all this is for topic starter :Did you hear it from someone or did you actually read this from a reliable source! Because if it is the first..then dont post like the way you have posted in...say it like this "What will happen if google will launch their Operating System? or something similar!"Now, coming to the point, taking the question which I've framed and some more points :lol:Google - A big internet company (growing each and everyday), a company which is full of brains and they actually apply it :huh:! There worker (i'll say they from now on) always come up with innovative ideas and always make products which actually rule the internet..they kick out existing competitors, and if they will come up with Operating system then I am sure that they'll be beating each and every company in that field too!But as one of fellow members said that it is good to have competition otherwise google will start charging prices, it is not bad to charge price for a service which is unbeatable but it will be bad if only few people will be able to use it if there prices will be very high!one more thing...Bill gates, he is not a looser in any sence, so he will make sure that he will keep a check on this and will come up with better things..after all, he is ruling the OS market at this point of time..so dont worry about the competition thingy Cerebral Stasis :lol:Well, things dont end over here ;)what I personally feel that google will not come up with their Operating system soon, atleast not in next 2-3 years..the reason for that is that they have just bought 5 % share of AOL worth 5 billion dollars (less amount of share)...so if google is not having that amount of money to actually buy AOL...which is way small than microsoft...so, I am sure that they will need lot of time to grow enough to actually come up with technology which will beat the microsoft's operating system..because I am sure people will not like to use an Operating system which cant do those things which they can do with the operating systems which exist and rule the market!and here's one more point..this is more of a suggestion (in hope that if any google employee reads it) : I think google must come up with a device which can connect to internet and offers basic computing..for e.g. Browsing, emailing, chat, word processing, music..etc. etc. and intergrate the services they are offering right now..that is for email a person will need GMAIL account....this way there usage will increase and they will be able to make good amount of money with that device because there are lot of people who actually dont use computer other then the usage I've mentioned and they will love to have a gadget similar to that if it small, compact and gives the mobility! Basically a small device like smartphones with the ability to connect to internet and giving the access to Google services ;)