xisto Community
sammaye

Msn 8.0

Is anyone here a beta taster for MSN?, I really wanna know what msn 8.0 is like apparently some one I know knows a beta tester and its all orange or something...I really wana use msn 8.0 know the new tools etc...So if anyone can like sneak a word in or anything plz do!!!

Edited by sammaye (see edit history)

Windows Live Messenger is a beta version of MSN Messenger, part of Microsoft's new online service called Windows Live. Windows Live Messenger will reportedly introduce numerous new features and include all of the features from MSN Messenger. Windows Live Messenger 8 is only available to select beta testers.Sounds cool to me huh?

I'm part of the Windows Live Messenger beta. It looks very different, when compared with 7.5. Features new to MSN 8.0 include Offline Instant messaging, where you can send someone a message even if they're offline. They then recieve the message when they next sign in. Also new in Windows Live Messenger, is My Sharing Folders, which works similar to having a shared folder over a network, except this virtual folder is shared with your contacts over the internet. I haven't used that feature much, as it doesn't seem to work right on my computer.The look of Windows Live Messenger is improved, but the icon in the notification area is ugly though! Microsoft will have to change that before the final release.

I've got MSN 8.0 Beta. I don't really like it. It's too slow for me and I hate what it does as it hovers over names on the buddy list (but not buddy list, whatever it's called on MSN). I prefer AIM now. I used to love MSN but now I don't so much... Anyway don't get too excited because it really isn't that great.

I've got MSN 8.0 Beta. I don't really like it. It's too slow for me and I hate what it does as it hovers over names on the buddy list (but not buddy list, whatever it's called on MSN). I prefer AIM now. I used to love MSN but now I don't so much... Anyway don't get too excited because it really isn't that great.

msn 8.0 is not really better than 7.5 it lags it has a lot of problems... it look are bad too! There is not 1 thing that is better 7.5! so you should stick with 7.5! o i almost forgot the msn crew must approve your account befor u can login :huh:

P.S. how do you feel about trillian? is it better than msn 7.5?

In the latest build which was only released to testers managed by Microsoft, the hover over the contact list has gone. Unfortunately, on various forums where the new build been mentioned, they don't seem to like the new User Interface at all, not because Microsoft removed the hover feature, they just think it looks ugly in general!

the msn 8.0 is not working in my PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you downloaded it off a site other than Microsofts (ie, you weren't invited to the beta) then you will not be able to sign in.

mmm that sounds strange, i mean the only think we care about is just to talk and send those smilies, so what else could the new MSN bring to us? many people still use a 56k connection so features such as the voice i mean the prerecord messages are not even useful due to the time it would take saty to explain how to find something

Visually it looks alright....but some of the features are just plain rubbish and not needed...when you hover your mouse over a contact's name...it turns into an expandable info thing which mucks up all the stuff...so you cannot actually move your mouse past the damn window without getting distracted etc,,loli like the idea of what the window looks like...but it would have been better if it looksed like your standard window....but then again its probably designed as part of Windows Vista so it wil be designed like it or somthing like that.

i got invited by microsoft to be a beta tester some 2 weeks ago ,somebody mentioned it's all orange ,well its orange by default but you can easily change it to just any color you like by clicking the color changer in the conversation window , also the hover thing can be turned off if you dont want it and i know most people dont like it :lol: ,as for charging i simply cant believe how they can survive the market if they charge as much as a penny for their services when there are so many other great services like yahoo for free !!! .but i would advice you not to get excited to use it because lots of bugs are there , for example not everybody i send offline messages recieved them and the nudge function's gone (i wonder if it's only in mine ??) but frustratingly you can recieve nudges , just think how annoying this would be ! , also sometimes my dp cannot be seen by others ,sumetime back one contact of mine simply dissappeared while i was talking and still i have no idea where it went ! .but i sure hope it'll be cool when its finally released :P