xisto Community
abdalla agamy

Google Strikes Again!

If you log into your gmail account they have added a new feature called chat.You download there program its quite similar to aimIt lets you talk to any gmail memberyou can also log your conversations into your gmail account.'I find this quite intresting how google seems to do everythingNext they will probally become an isp and an webhost.who knows whats next...

Actually the program hasn't been implemented yet. GoogleTalk is still in the making for the browser.But ya, I figure they could do anything. I wouldn't be supposed if they started a webhost soon.

Yeah I saw it. It is really cool. Google is always one step ahead of everyone. Doesn't that beat all? And google always has the best too. everyone else sits and tries to get a living while google just goes right on by :rolleyes: This new feature will be really nice for chatting. Now you don't have to open Google chat by itself.

Actually the program hasn't been implemented yet. GoogleTalk is still in the making for the browser.
But ya, I figure they could do anything. I wouldn't be supposed if they started a webhost soon.

Ya - the browser based chat hasn't been implemented yet - but if you message-chat with someone using Google Talk, the conversation log gets automatically saved in your gmail account. Of course, you've to go to your gmail account and turn the feature on. But this is so bloody coool. Now your chat-logs are available worldwide and not just restricted to the machine on which you've got GTalk installed. WAY TO GO GOOGLE :rolleyes:

wow this thing is real awesome..will have to check it soon..Anyways its just that google rules..I am waiting for when google starts its own web host..they'll surely provide some better facilities..yippee

google, you are a genius. this is a brilliant idea, integrate it with the browser and have the logs available anywhere, IM and e-mail should be one and the same system really these days, you can chat in real time if you're both online or leave e-mail style messages for when you come back online. It should also be completely interchangeable, users of MSN should be able to message users of ICQ and others. that?s the worst part about IM software these days, you don't get to choose the software because it works well, you end up choosing the one that all your friends/colleagues use.

lol when i tried to sign up for GoogleTALK they asked me to send a text to a number so i can get a security code....unfortunatly i dont have mobile phone so...but itll be cool when they actually release it.if they make a webhst of some sort....i imagine it would be good quality. if they can put up the storage space for gmail....you can imagine them doing somthing like raising the bandwidth limit ..or mysql databases or somthing LOL.

Thats really interesting and good to know, I always new google would go far from the day I first seen an add for it and thought what a laod of.... lol yeh anyway google is really cool and I might have to get my friend who has a gmail account to send me an invite again because I lost his old one lol.Peace out yall :rolleyes:

the browser IM is actually implemented for certain people. I have it on my gmail account. there is a box on the left navigation menu which allows you to chooose your online status, add contacts, etc. the chat goes in the chat group... i think this is going to replace google talk and is a better idea than a seperate program for IM. webbased IM is the future.In fact, web based applications for ALL software is the future. In the future everything will be run off an internet browser and we won't be installing ANY programs at all.

I saw this when i first logged into my email. Wait thats a lie. WHen I actually entered google.com and pressed enter thats when i saw that message. I thought it was cool. I some how think they incorporated the gtalk site the one that you can use online now into this gmail email thing.

Google has made our Online life easier with new and innovative echnologies and spicing up exising technologies with more features. Google Talk, the new Chat initative of Google looks promissing and will form as a threat to the exisitng field players like, Yahoo!, AOL, MSN, ICQ as more may move towards Google Talk. Google Talk provides free PC - to - PC Phone Calls in addition to Chatting. I've started using Google Talk from my System and Wating for Google to incorporate this into GMail. As long as Google keeps on bringing something new it'll be a big competetior for the existing field players.