xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keysmaker

Self Paid Hosting

MMm well, im wondering if anyone can do this:Sign up for a paid hosting, then use google ads in the whole site, so, i think that is possible to earn money enough for a small size website... but im not totally sure if that is possible.... so the google ads profits will pay the webhosting.... :rolleyes:

I'm sure a lot of people put google ads up on their site and use the money they earn to pay off the fees for storage space etc. In fact, that's what I was planning to do before I looked into free webhosting - the webhost was $6.95 a month, so I'm sure it can be done.

some people make 6 digits off websites. of course you can do this. especially if you got a nice host....starting packages start at like 2.99 for good hosts.....you can pretty easily make 2.99 off ads as long as you are following the terms but you use strategy. i dont make much...i make around 10 bucks a month with free hosting and i havent had the ned for domain or anything. or else use hosting like Xisto...and buy a domain....and use the free hosting (that has plenty of bandwidth and you can use an offsite filehost for downloads if you are really concerned) and make $$$$.

what im saying is...it's very easily possible.

(by the way, a site that lets you hotlink file downloads of up to 10 gigs is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , but they just delete your file every couple months or so...so once in a while give it a new link.)

Yea that plan can work fine as long as you get users to your site. If you have a small site without many hits you might not make too much but if the host costs $10 a month you should be ok. Just make sure to not break any rules like clicking on your own ads because then your google account will be terminated.

Yea that plan can work fine as long as you get users to your site. If you have a small site without many hits you might not make too much but if the host costs $10 a month you should be ok. Just make sure to not break any rules like clicking on your own ads because then your google account will be terminated.

The only problem with this plan is that Google don't pay until your account reaches $100. If you're only earning $10 a month then you would have to pay for your hosting for the first 10 months. Once you do this and are 10 months in front, then its not a problem. Just something to keep in mind.

yeah. but if you pay yearly plan avalon (whcih is recommended..it's cheaper) then you can pay off. of course in the initial months you will have to sacrifice. but if you really want to.....use chitika eminimalls that pay off at 50.

well, one of my friends had planned something similar but it did not work out coz it was difficult for him to bring more and more visitors to his site that would <- snipped -> and so on....you can perhaps make a forum or offer people something so that you get more visitorsso i would suggest you to start with a free web host and then you can shift to paid hosting as soon as the returns from ur site are good}

well my friends thats a good idea on putting google adds on your site but i dont think you should do that because we have Xisto here and Xisto offers you free hosting that is better than web hosting so i dont see why you guys should do that infact when some one comes on your site i dont think they would click on the adds any way its worth a try and see the result.

well my friends thats a good idea on putting google adds on your site but i dont think you should do that because we have Xisto here and Xisto offers you free hosting that is better than web hosting so i dont see why you guys should do that infact when some one comes on your site i dont think they would click on the adds any way its worth a try and see the result.

A good idea but for many of us staying in Xisto is not just keeping our free hosting up, but its a passion to be among the community which is so active as well. Therefore, we always think ways to make few more bucks in order to expand our businesses. I definitely do not want to remain as a free hoster in Xisto for many years to come. Therefore, something like this kind of idea, idea on how to earn and make money in order to pay our hosting is a good idea.

In fact, Xisto paid hosting site Xisto - Web Hosting.com has many good and cheap plans, if we can make few bucks with the free hosting they provide we can go on with the paid hosting, which is good for us as well as good for the Xisto network. I recommend trying experiment with google adsense!

Did google ads tracks the ip from the clicker? (i mean form the person who click in the ad), so if the answer is yes, that means that you need a lot of visits and a lot of clickers.... :huh: