xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

Trap17 Up Down Up Down

Well since this is the vent, I might as well complain about this. The servers on Xisto are up then down then up then down. Everytime I go to my site it is down and it is getting me mad because I'm trying to work on it, have members, how are they going to stay with me if this keeps happening, plus I'm trying to get more members and I can't this way. The server keeps going down like 10 times a day... or is it just me? Also another thing is the forums. Why upgrade them that one time we should be all fine I liked the forums before, not to mention the shoutbox is gone sheesh. but i still love Xisto! the related one Xisto still has the forums, and much better uptime i believe. (they say 99.4% uptime or whatever) Anyways Xisto wasn't this bad not too long ago what is happening?

There were no hosting server issues for past few weeks. When you experience the next "server down" at your end, try pinging the hosting IP (64.69.46.210). If you do not receive a reply back, it's related to your ISP. Also, try opening your page using gamma.xisto.com/~yourCpanelName

Here is the official link to server status for all Xisto Corporation. We're hosted by Gamma server.

I do notice the forums seem to go down a lot, lately.. of the last 3 times I tried to log on and post here, the forum was down two of them XD;Guess it was related to the upgrade, so maybe it's better now ^^

Once more....Forum server and Hosting server are two different machines. When forum goes down it does NOT mean that your hosting is down. It has been this way since the beginning of Xisto's service. Please, let's not spread any myth or implication.

sounds like too many members...when I first joined ages ago I never found any downtime with the site or anything but now I do I have been dombarded with stupid can not find page or server errors, not the sites errors I mean IE's error pages.I think its jus the amount Xisto has grown

My site was only down a few times last week....but it hasnt exactly bothered me..all iw ould have to do is refresh my page and it would be up...only problems in the sense of these forums being down......they were really just acting slow to load up...but its fine now :rolleyes:

Edited by Razor (see edit history)

The only time I found the forums were down was during the upgrade :\ And I've never really found that the hosting was down.. slow, maybe, but not down. I donno, you're getting free hosting with no ads, a bit of downtime won't hurt much. Maybe its not actually the server? Meh. Maybe I'm just biased, since the only time this has been down was for the forums upgrade. xP

Interesting, as I have never found any uptime problems with either my site of the forums here. The only problem that I experienced was during the upgrade that recently occurred - I had troubles logging in for one day. Other than that, Xisto has always been up! Keep up the great work guys!

I haven't found many downtimes with Xisto. I previously had problems, but they were ISP related, and I called them and had the problem resolved. And gamma was down shortly a few days ago because of a denial of service attack on my website.. or so I was told by opaque. I'm not hosted here anymore though, so there won't be any trouble from me! :rolleyes:I miss the shoutbox too, but the forum upgrade has enabled users to edit their posts, which is very good. I hope a shoutbox is put up soon though.. :)

I haven't found any downtime with Xisto, and the one time i thought I did, it turned out to be me, not Xisto. So maybe it is/was just your computer. I know you might say, well Xisto is/was the only thing down, but when i thought it was down, all the other sites were working, untill later i got the same message that i had on Xisto, so i realized it was actually me..but some sites were just going down before others on my computer.

Nope, nope, I've yet to experience any downtimes in quite some time. Take BuffaloHELP's advice when you experience problems because what he says is right. Compared to a few months ago when mysql downtimes were frequent, Trap has rocked of late service wise. I present no complaints :rolleyes:

ISP is internet service provider? that's funny because my site went down for all my members so it is definitely not that, plus I use computer with internet service faster than cable, I believe it is a T3 connection and some are even faster. When my site has went down, I've went to the Trap17GFX site and it was down too. These forums were up I know that, but I think the sites went down, tell me if I'm wrong. For the people who haven't been experiencing problems, it could be because at the time of problems they weren't checking. idk I'm not accusing nothing I'm just saying. Also, my forums (like most forums) and site are both run on SQL so it could of been the SQL server crashed maybe... well actually no because my main splash screen went down too and it is not run in SQL. i don't know lol I'm confusing myself now

sounds like too many members...when I first joined ages ago I never found any downtime with the site or anything but now I do I have been dombarded with stupid can not find page or server errors, not the sites errors I mean IE's error pages.
I think its jus the amount Xisto has grown

No this is wrong, every "stage" Xisto grew they have issued updates to keep their services top-notch. I've been arround Xisto from the beginning, and they have only become better. Downtime was much worse at the start, but the service is a lot more up now than back then.

The servers here are up and running more often and steadier than a lot of Paid Hosting services. I don't know what everyone is whining about. I do not recall ever getting refused service to my web sites while hosted here, even with the servers transfers and all that stuff. Congrats to opaQue and the crew.

i find Xisto is up and down a lot as well. though it isn't extended periods but you often get the "page cannot be found" error.I think the server is probably overloaded with accounts and it times out. <<removed>>

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Refrain from advertising or discussing another hosting service plan.