xisto Community
sportytalk

Mysql Database Problem appears to be deleted, but still has data

Hello.

My Mysql databases appear to have been removed off of my account, yet according to my cpanel, space is still being used on databases.

Hopefully I haven't lost any of my data, because I haven't taken a backup after recent updates, but If I have, I'll have to make do with previous backup.

Any idea what's wrong?

Here's a quote from my cpanel

Mysql databases 0 / 99 PostgreSQL Databases 0 / 99
Disk usage 13.16 / 150.00 MB
SQL Disk usage 2.99 MB

As you can see, my database data still appears to be on the system, but I can't access my database at all, nor can my scripts.

Hope you can help :)

Edit: Sorry If I've posted in the wrong forum, wasn't sure which one to post in, saw this was free webhosting support, so posted here, but just noticed another support forum. Please move if it's in the wrong place! :rolleyes:
Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

I checked and mine is the same. Outages like this happen every so often, so it's happening to everyone. You can scroll down in your cpanel, on the left hand side, at the very bottom, It says "Server status - Click to view" That will show you if it's just your problem or something that is happening across the board. Right now I see that there are a couple of things down. MySQL and something called "eximstats"

Edited by brandice (see edit history)

Ouch, I didn't think to look on the server status tab. I guess I should've checked it out, I guess this is a warning reminding me to take a backup!Sorry for the hassle and thanks for your help brandice :)This topic is now solved :rolleyes:

I checked and mine is the same. Outages like this happen every so often, so it's happening to everyone.
You can scroll down in your cpanel, on the left hand side, at the very bottom, It says "Server status - Click to view" That will show you if it's just your problem or something that is happening across the board. Right now I see that there are a couple of things down. MySQL and something called "eximstats"

ok so it happens often, umm would i be able to get back my data bases or is it gone for GOOD?....

Xisto is a good Service,and since its free i dont mind Outages like this once in a while,just as long as my data is safe.
cuz as of the moment,I totally forgot to back my db up,So i am praying that it will return soon :rolleyes:

ok so it happens often, umm would i be able to get back my data bases or is it gone for GOOD?....
Xisto is a good Service,and since its free i dont mind Outages like this once in a while,just as long as my data is safe.
cuz as of the moment,I totally forgot to back my db up,So i am praying that it will return soon :rolleyes:

Your data should be safe, but it is always good to have your own backup. Failures to servers ain't data loses, they occur more as power failures or hardware failures.

Im not 100% sure, but i'd say the server runs its own back up anyway, but thats not always safe to assume. Also, this is a very rare thing, hasn't happened until now since i been here.

If you think of how many web sites we have running here were webmasters just install a script that automates there datebase, they won't backup, or even know how in some cases, so apart of any great service like Xisto, i guess they keep on top of it.