xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dymonz

Dmc:special Edition Devil may cry

One of last year's best games is a little gentler in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening - Special Edition. This game is a not so difficult hack-and-slash action, though you will probably like the decent new bonus features added to this budget-priced rerelease--especially the ability to play through the game's levels as Dante's ruthless twin brother, Vergil. One of the reasons for this rerlease is because of the punishing difficulty , DMC3 couldn't be wholeheartedly recommended. Ironically, though, while making the game easier might make it accessible to more players, the gameplay isn't quite as deeply satisfying. Of course, in terms of content, this is largely the same exact game as before, so it's still close to being as impressive and exciting as ever--one year after it originally debuted. What made DMC3 such a great game is its flashy presentation and its fantastic combat. As a demon hunter Dante, you can literally kick all kinds of otherworldly butt top to bottom, courtesy of your various weapons. I would have to say that the weapons gave the game some kick and the combat made it known to many people.

Once you play as Vergil, you'll never want to go back to Dante. Though, Dante is more "flexible", Vergil makes up for it in power and speed. But, to tell you the truth, they should have kept the same difficulty as the original, and just make Very Hard and DMD mode harder. I beat all modes including Bloody Palace in under 48 game-hours with Vergil. I can kinda see why in the original people were complaining it was "too hard". But, some people like to shoot more than slice and dice. Shooting should only be used for enemies that are out of reach, and to keep your style bar going, until you can get closer to the enemy to slice-away. Though, I prefer the Beowulf over the Rebellion. Plus, the game is a bit more challenging with Dante.