xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
conret

Compicated Programming the better million dollar home page

WEll i have just seen this page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it makes me think if so many people are copieng the million dollar home page why can't i? so since yesterday i have been working on rebuilding that site but with a new twist. BUt the problem is that i can't seem to get the script right. does anyone know how how do these guys make that square and when you hold your mouse over them it gives the axis of the point. DOes anyone know how this works. I know that the table it 1000 pixels by 1000 but how does he make it so that the boxes turn red and it gives the axis?

Yap.. it's just a simple Javascript that does For-Loops 2 million times, creating the table fields and inserting random pages in each of the fields. Actually think it small, try using For-Loops to create 5x5 table. If you succeed, just change the numbers to make it 2 million fields. It will work as well..

The grid could be done as the background, then just put a transparent t-shirt graphic over it. I have no idea how to do scripts, though. I just know it looks like a mouseover effect to me. Did you click on the "Pixel Wars" link at the bottom of the page? It's a site that rates pixel pages, and has a search engine for them. The original page hasn't been around that long, and there's already 1332 pixel pages, according to that site. (Obviously they need just five more pixel pages, and can stop at that, lol.) And the original page is only the second highest rated among the ones charging US Dollars. That's kind of cold, lol.I think pixel pages are just a fad, and people are not going to get much traffic off of them after a while. I have been to the original site once, when I first read an article about it online, and never went back. I didn't bookmark it either. Have any of you actually bookmarked a pixel page, or went back to look at one more than once? Do you intend to? Did you click more than one link off of any of them? I clicked one off of the original page, and that's all.