xisto Community
Chez

New Trap17.com Upgrade

Even though I was a little worried that I didn't have enough credits stored up when I saw "Upgrade in progress, please come back later" on the Xisto.com forum page (I did...many times fold), I enjoy this new upgrade and layout. Maybe I was blind before, but now we have an edit button!! Gone are the days of submitting and realizing you spelt computer, cmoputer.A+ guys.

Yes! There is an edit button. That makes things a bit better. Overall, the upgrades look good and they load quick and smooth. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough credits stored up hehe.. but no worries. The forum is back and now so am I!

I like the new layout, too. Although I've never needed the edit button that I know of, I'm still glad that we now have it (and that people won't be able to cheat the credit system with it). Anyway, I really like the upgrade. Great job!

Ya. It is nice. Xisto is doing a really good job. They have a nice layout and the packages are the best. I wonder if its possible for them to get any better. I don't think it is because of how good they are. I mean they have free hosting and no ads. And they offer a lot. They are like the best host around. Its better than some paid hosts too. GO Xisto!!! And continue figuring out ways of making Xisto better if there are ways. :huh:

Just waiting for more and more members... :huh:I hope the boards grow larger and larger..The traffic is killing the server, but I am glad. Help me KILL the server and spread the word. ;)

don't kill the server, then I can't post things and get hosting time. then my side would die :huh: the upgrade is great. the split last topic/last post things are my favourite, i like to get my teeth into the latest posts when i can. now if only you could convince my boss that he should pay me more and give me less responsibility so I can be on here more......

I just love this new website design.. I have small amount of credits becausee I have problems in real life.. But I like this edit button (but I have newer used it yet :huh:).. And I like this new posting feature where it have diffrent kind of images if you want to submit image or link ;).. And also I love thous drop down boxes.. like them a lot.. so 11/10 guys ;).. keep it up ;)

OpaQue, if we kill the server, then the server is dead..and if Xisto dosent have the server Xisto wont exist <_<To be honest i just noticed the editing button, when i was here before it was taken out because people abused it. Have they found a way to stop that?But overall i think it is cool, expecially the topic rating system, even thou not many people use it it is a cool idea.2 Thumbs and 2 Toes UP, Good on you OpaQue

To be honest i just noticed the editing button, when i was here before it was taken out because people abused it. Have they found a way to stop that?

the hosting credits system has been recoded so that any use of the edit button now will also recalibrate the credits based on the post. <_<

Same here, it helps when you make a quick mistake and need to fix it. I came after this update, some many people said I escaped the problems and such.Wonder what the next IPB update will have, the newest one has a virus scanner, if we have installed it.

Looks like Xisto is up to date in it's version at least. Now there are fixes and patches and such that need to be made but hopefully admins here are kept up to date on security exploits and such that need to be fixed.

MaineFishing45, What do you mean by a virus scanner? Juts out or curiosity, how does it scan viruses when it is a live script? I understand if it is a executable program to search for viruses on the comp, but why in IPB? How?YAY, this is my first post which i edited. <_< , I'm somewhat proud :ph34r:

Edited by scab_dog (see edit history)

You guys really are the best hosting site. I mean this layout is so much easier then the others. You guys have much better service. I can post something and usualy get an answer within minutes to hours never more then a day. You guys allow just about every type of file. You have 5 GBs of BW. I have never even seen close to that anywhere else. All i can say is WOW and two thumbs up on this entire site. Everyone that ever asks for free hosting i always say Trap 17. Do you think you will ever have more webspace and BW? I don't mean as a package, but like you can buy lets say 1 GB of BW for 10 credits or something?

Do you think you will ever have more webspace and BW? I don't mean as a package, but like you can buy lets say 1 GB of BW for 10 credits or something?

Perhaps something in the future may include something like what you are proposing. But currently we only have two hosting plans, period.

If space and/or bandwidth is an issue you can do few of the followings:
1) use external imaging hosting services
2) use Xisto gallery to host your pictures--these will save your space and bw.
3) OpaQue is working on image hosting solutions just for Xisto members. Please wait until everything is worked out before OpaQue can launch it.
4) turn on your hotlink protection to save your bandwidth

I have been monitoring bandwidth usages for all hosting members and except for 2 or 3, everyone is well within the limits. For those 2 or 3 the most active files were downloaded file contents and not from standard web pages. Again, you can have external file storage services to have your visitors to download. This will save your bandwidth usage in the future.