xisto Community
amitojduggal

Can Predictions Be True? Did Nostradamus Predict world War 3?

I just bought a book written by nostradamus, it contains all of his sayings. Almost all of his sayings have been true so far. He predicted That there will be two dictactors for france and germany and there were mussolini and hitler. His predictions about thwo world wars was true, He lived in 1564, how can someone predict a world war 3 , When even 1 and 2 have not even taken place, crazy isn't it. He also predicted that there will be bin laden that will rock the world, and also he predicted 9/11 attacks, he said that there will be two long buildings and the country will be the most powerful, USa. and something like this more.And the main thing he predicted world war 3 , he made prediction something like The begin of a new century there will be a war, new century 2000 , and he gives the dates as 2006-2012, this is a prediction we all doesn't want to come true. Anyway this French men was great isn't he. His predictions are really beyond science understandingI want to talk about more on this topic? please reply.

i have read all of his sayings that have been published and the one that stroke me as very real is when he said that world war 3 will be fought with WMD and any war after that will be fought wil rocks and stones. I guess that is true because the weapons we have today are so far out and we have made some that can blow up our planet easly so if these were to be used in the world war 3 we would not exist can you inagine and second now you can be blown away by a nuceur bomb.

So Nostradamus predicted 9/11? Did they "discover" his predictions after 9/11 or before? I would think "two long buildings" in the "most powerful country" shouldn't be that hard to guess.And Mussolini was the dictator of Italy, not France.

I saw a really old movie about him. The french incident wasnt about Mussolini, what happened in France is that the king or queen (I dont remember) invited him over because they were surprised with some things he had predicted, and he had to tell them something anyway, that he had a vision of the future of the royal family of France in which he saw them lying all over the place with blood, which eventually did happen, they ended up dying. He has predicted many many things that have become true, and the way things are going It could only lead me to believe that there may just be another war.And about his predictions of 9/11, those had been discovered a long long time ago. I remember that time when I was in school, that was one of the first things that came to mind. I had not seen any images yet, and I thought world war 3 was already starting.

how did he predicted that USA will be the strongest country?. i'm sure that US wasn't establish during his life time.. Well.. that is pretty scary to know someone could predict that much. It would be awesome if he was a person from the future then we all could know that time travel is possible. HAAHAH. .maybe i have been watched too many science fictions.I really don't want a world war 3 during my lifetime.. .I don't think i could handle it.. would be too scary... i don't want to die yet...But then if there is a World war 3... then i hope they won't fight on US soil... because i don't want to die from NUKE or anything....

Yap I've seen many articles on the internet regarding about predictions and many predictors did say something about a World War 3 happening in near future, which happens to fall within the years which nostradamus had predicted, 2006-2012. I though it was fake and probably those people wanted more visitors to their sites. But as more and more predictions saying about the World War 3 in the near future, I became scared and of course I didn't want it to happen. Those articles that I've read was quite some time ago, predicted by a Chinese fortune teller. I forgotten how did I got into that site so I can't post any links now.Anyway I remember that in that Chinese fortune teller's predictions, he said that China, Russia, Japan, UK, and USA will be fighting for something. Somewhat among these countries, there were internal allies so hence they split themselves into 2 huge groups. Indeed, the fight was related to nukes. It didn't say much about that but I guess it could be that each country wanted another to stop producing nukes while another secretly research new nuke technology. The terrorist may join either side of the groups. And of course, World War 3 will involve nuking. Let's not assume much and just pray nothing will happen.After sometime, countries had enough of war again. They had a world conference and come out with something related to the UN (United Nations) again. I forgotten what they will name it but I guess if I didn't remember wrongly, there should be a word "Conference" inside the name. After that the world will join force to develope some advance space technology.Well these are what I've remembered from what I've read sometime ago. Hopefully nothing will happen, really.. If it really happens, I might not even survive to see the new world space station..

Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)

Quoted from How Stuff Works

A notable quatrain (Century 2, Quatrain 24) reads:

Beasts ferocious with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battlefield will be against Hister.
Into a cage of iron will the great one be drawn,
When the child of Germany observes nothing.
-----------------
Nostradamus followers claim that the name "Hister" is a direct reference to Hitler.

But skeptics says:
In Nostradamus' time, "Hister" referred to a geographical region near the Danube river.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two Brothers torn apart by Chaos,
While the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb.
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.
------

Ostensibly, the "two brothers" refers to the twin towers, the "fortress" refers to the Pentagon, the "great leader" refers to President Bush and "the big city" refers to New York. In fact, this quatrain is not the work of Nostradamus -- it is a complete fabrication.

Century 10, Quatrain 72:

The year 1999 seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
To resuscitate the great king of the Mongols.
Before and after, Mars reigns by good luck.

Century 6, Quatrain 97:

At forty-five degrees the sky will burn,
Fire to approach the great new city:
In an instant a great scattered flame will leap up,
When one will want to demand proof of the Normans.

------
Many Nostradamus followers believe that both Quatrains refer to the attack on the World Trade Center. The references to fire and terror from the sky fits with the aerial attack, they argue, and New York city is around 40° 5' N latitude (relatively close to "forty-five" degrees). The date is also not far off. Additionally, several other quatrains refer to an antichrist figure called "Mabus," who supposedly will start a world war. The letters in Mabus can be rearranged to spell Usam B, leading some to believe Nostradamus saw the coming of Osama bin Laden.

Skeptics argue that "the great new city" is a skewed translation of Nostradamus' lines. In the original French, Nostradamus referred to "Villeneuve," which literally means "new city," but is also the name of a town outside of Paris, near 45 degrees latitude. And until recently, many Nostradamus followers claimed Saddam Hussein was Mabus (Mabus spelled backward is Subam).

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I dont believe in Nostradamus' work.

I just bought a book written by nostradamus, it contains all of his sayings. Almost all of his sayings have been true so far. He predicted That there will be two dictactors for france and germany and there were mussolini and hitler. His predictions about thwo world wars was true, He lived in 1564, how can someone predict a world war 3 , When even 1 and 2 have not even taken place, crazy isn't it. He also predicted that there will be bin laden that will rock the world, and also he predicted 9/11 attacks, he said that there will be two long buildings and the country will be the most powerful, USa. and something like this more.
And the main thing he predicted world war 3 , he made prediction something like The begin of a new century there will be a war, new century 2000 , and he gives the dates as 2006-2012, this is a prediction we all doesn't want to come true. Anyway this French men was great isn't he. His predictions are really beyond science understanding

I want to talk about more on this topic? please reply.

Hi there amitojduggal, thanks for bringing up the topic,

Mmmhhh, if I may, Mussolini would be misplaced in your list. He used to be an Italian dictator, not a French. The French had one of their own brand, mellower, but criminal as well, going by the name of Philippe Pétain at that time.

Now, I have been through his writings in the original text, as it happens that I can read the language written at that time. The least I could say is his verses are unforgivingly obscure, and munching them carefully hardly brings any light to what he's supposed to predict. Whatever he writes is purposedly so misleading that it can be interpreted only AFTER the events took place, but not BEFORE. What is a prediction that is fed by our willingness to make it a prediction : a hoax, if you ask me.

All scholars who bent on his writings agree that the only thing that could have been correctly foresighted out of his writings is what he said about King Louis XVI's capture in Varennes, during the French Revolution. Now, any misplaced enthusiasm should be confronted with the fact that what you say about WW 3 was supposed to begin in the seventh or eigth month of the year 1999. Plus an obscure reference to a rightful heir of the French Monarchy. I fail to recollect any significant event at that point in time that could give rise to a World War, indeed. Any political mishap could these days, you know, including Iraq's invasion. And that did not happen in July or August, 1999. And, shortsighted as I am, I can't fathom a rightful heir to the former French Monarchy looming around.

If you'd think that Nostradamus is an odd predictor, I'd gladly go along with your opinion, but I'd rather not take sides about the accuracy of what he said.

Cheers, all! :(

i think this is all really down to your own intepretations of what he said.for example:In the City of God there will be a great thunder,Two Brothers torn apart by Chaos,While the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb.The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.here, i admit some things are similar, two brothers makes us think of the twin towers, but thats only because something happened which we can associate with what he said. 'the big city', could this not be any city in the world that is big? new york is the big apple, its a big city, one of the biggest, but its just that that is the way we have intepreted this.If we read these before 9/11 and this all began, would anyone truly have thought 'two brothers, yep thats the twin towers in america that he is talking about there'? No, just that something happened, and as we can liken it to something that we are familiar with or know, we do so.I mean, i could predict that a world war 3 is going to happen, and that because of the power of the weaps we could end up going back to the stone age, but thats just a prediction. It only means something if it actually happens and people can relate to it.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,Two Brothers torn apart by Chaos,While the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb.The third big war will begin when the big city is burning._____________________________Will be a vast battle between the Israelies and Palastinians. Jerusalem will more than likely be the city in question.Hear me now, believe me later.

Begining of arms deals from US to Iraq. Donald Rumsfeld begins deal (1985) :begining of conspired plans for overtaking middle-east. Large wars (world) always begin with conspiracy (lead-up)...not shots or simple retaliation. 1985-2012: 27 years... todays astronomers foresee the sun switching its polarity on Dec.21 2012 (winter solstice)The mayan calender (the most overwhelmingly precise to "date" haha!) will end around that time. ?? This is where I see the similarity to Nos's 27 year world war prediction (maybe if there is too much nuclear turmoil when the sun switches we'de better fasten our seat belts...).He says that it ends with great storms and burning, death everywhere!!! But that the earth survives and some will witness the "rebirth" of a new world.He had also mentioned that during this war, there would be "birds of fire" descending on the "big city"...-gates

Even if it doesn't happen on US soil, we would feel the shockwaves and get radiation particles. Besides that, USA and Russia combined have enough firepower to ELIMINATE EARTH COMPLETELY. To put a picture in your head, from space, it would look like someone put 2 ounces of C4 on a golf ball...Thats how earth is going to look. Unless we can live on another planet, Nothing can and will NOT survive-Alan

RE: Nostradamus predicting "Coming invasion of Europe by Muslims"?

Can Predictions Be True?

I am both concerned and somewhat curious as to the above prediction that Nostradamus speaks about in a number of his quatrains regarding the above coming invasion of europe by Muslims???? Do you truly believe this quatrains of and. Will come to fruition?? What scares me is the fact that I have relatives living in Europe and am very concerned for their well being, if indeed a frightful revolution erupts (World War III). What is really frightening is the fact that half or little more of and. Predictions have already come to pass. In your opinion, do you believe and. Could be accurate in his predictions of a coming world war 3 in europe, invasion by muslims and nuclear warfare, nukes, etc...Being used? A friend of mine said she read this same prediction by a religious theologian somewhere, an arab invasion of europe in the 2010's to occur. I welcome any comments, feedback from you in this regard... Please get back to me. Ann

Nostradamus

Can Predictions Be True?

Two dicators one for france one for germany? Mussolini and Hiteler?

Well Mussolini was Italian. Napoleon was French.

Return to school to study a bit better history and get maybe a bit smater and stop to believe in everything. Nostradamus wrote a lot of things , but for sure the book that you saw was not from him , because it s just an interpretation from someone else ( the real writter).

Replying to amitojduggal

-reply by Rolando