xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
koenachtig

I Need A Sport I need any sport, no judo

There are tons of sports out there you could play, baseball, football, softball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, chess(if you consider that a sport) and lacrosse to name a few. You can always make up your own sport. A while back I played a game with tennis balls on bikes where it was like tag. If the person with the ball hits your wheel you are it.

Cross country is good for all :rolleyes:Most people after a few months of practice can compete on a high level, and all you really need to have to run it not to be obese, and some amount of endurance..

Touch Football is another fast paced sport.You can say its a non contact version of rugby, gridiron, etc. Similar rules, but more of a tag, rather than a tackle. This is just my suggestion, there are also other sports as others said that may suit your tastes.

but what is your favorite area? is it marcial arts or do you also like other things? well,i've practiced kickboxing, capoeira, swimming and horse riding and i must say that i love doing all of them. kickboxing is great to release tension and learning to protect yourself,capoeira is also great to fight and super fun because that brasilian people have a great humor,swimming is a nice way to relax and to cool your head and finally horse riding is also great because the contact with the animal and the balance that you need is great,and i love horses so,it's really great. my advice is for you to see what kind of thing do you like the most and also what do you need exactly,i mean,do you want to get stronger or relax or learn how to protect yourself, and then you try to find a sport that give you what you want and need.

Take up Rugby!I dont know if you live in america, and i know it isn't too popular over there, but it is an awsome sport, once you get going youl never want to stop.

Hockey, greatest game ever! Hockey needs more players and fans, we cant slowly (very, very, very, very slowly) lose the best sport of all time <_< But if i cant persade you into that, which i know i didn't :ph34r: lacrosse is good too

Depends on what your definition of a "good sport" is. Some people consider checkers as a sport (which are the people who sit on their fat glute all day, sippin a Bud Stupid playing Remote Olympics) or something like crochet (which IS NOT a sport wether or not you say it is.) If I were you, I'd take up something that keeps you active, and if you're busy, something that can be flexible with your other plans. I really couldn't tell you what to take but Football or Boxing because those are the only two I've ever played. Hockey would be pretty cool, I'm thinking. That's a two-in-one sport right there, hitting a puck for hockey, and punching your opponent in the face for boxing! And we've got a winner!!

Take up Rugby!
I dont know if you live in america, and i know it isn't too popular over there, but it is an awsome sport, once you get going youl never want to stop.

In america it is known as football, and is nearly the same witth a few differences.

Try golf if you're in to a less active sport. Try Cricket/Baseball or Rugby/Football for a more active sport. Try Basketball or Soccer for an even more active sport. If you're into a game moreso of speed try badminton.

Of course there are hundreds more to choose from. These are just some of the more popular ones.

Am I the only one here who doesn't do anything but ride a skateboard? I feel really lame.

This is a sport that is rather unique. It is swimming in the oceam. It feels completely different from swimming in a regular pool. First, the waves are much bigger and you will learn to read the waters, secondly, you have different currents acting on your body so it will make yuu work out more.

It depandes on what sports you willing to do.If you want to play a fast pase sport then go for basketball.Basketball uses stanima,speed and skill.And it's one of the best sports out there.

In america it is known as football, and is nearly the same witth a few differences.
Try golf if you're in to a less active sport. Try Cricket/Baseball or Rugby/Football for a more active sport. Try Basketball or Soccer for an even more active sport. If you're into a game moreso of speed try badminton.

Of course there are hundreds more to choose from. These are just some of the more popular ones.

You obviously have watched very, very litle rugby in your time.

Infact, instead of being a very similar sport, there are an inceadible number of differences. I belive that the only direct similarities are the shape of the ball, the posts, and in a lesser way touch downs and conversions. Of course all of these ideas were taken from rugby but thats a matter for another day.

Another matter is that rugby is entitled to the name "football" but we choose not to use it, as we were the first sport to record regulations for our version of football, while american football and british soccer prefer to use the name "football". Although this matter does not bother me that much.

Rugby is obviously the most complex sport around, and football is obviously one of the simplist. In rugby we have scrums, where players use their minds and power to force penalties or free kicks, in football you have scrimmages where you just run into eachother and occasionaly put the 3 1/4 under pressure.

In rugby if the ball goes out you dont just get another go at it, the ball is handed to the opposition for a lineout, the teams forwards stand in line and are lifted to either recieve their own ball, or contest it. In Football you have yet another scrimmage.

But the thing that really makes rugby the more exiting game is open play, if a player is tackled then we dont just get up and have a scrum, we play on, the forwards of each team form a "ruck", another very technical area of the game where each team may contest for the ball when it is on the ground, then it can be passed out to the backs.

Back play in rugby is quite briliant, because we have to pass the ball backwards players must run with the ball, and its not just about who can pass the furthest, its about who can spot the space, and who can run into the space off the ball.

Youl never see anything like this in football - try of last century