xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blansoft

A New Mmorpg Needing help for this new project

Well I introduce you in the basis of making a mmorpg, now I need some help, I want to start doing one. But its takes too long to make it on my own, I need any kind of help (ideas, graphers, programers, webdesigners, etc) all are invited to participate, I want to make a new one completely, so I'm not going to use any pre-armed open source to make it, (When I finish the project y will liberate the source code, so that everybody can use it, to make there on game or what might want to do.)I hope that you are interested in this project, (I already have the idea, but I'm an open-minded person so I listen to new ideas.)Juan Pablo Blanco BlanSoftpd: sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina so as you can imagine my first language is Spanish.

That idea crossed my mind many times,so here it is :huh: Few things i thinked of : Class developing should have same begining and then a tree of choices,example: --------------------- Guardian ------------Defender --------------------- Templar ---Warrior ---------------------- Hireman-------------Soldier ---------------------- RaiderAccordingly to the chosen path they the would have equipment (such as armors,weapons) and unique sets for each class making them more powerfull...Tree means that you can choose dark or light side of path.Therefore game would be divided into two wordls (good and bad) and there would be neutral computer sides (dwarwes,etc)Also i would implement a market area in each town where you could sell your earned loot.Travel of characters could be speed up by using different pet(horse,dragon..) which couldn?t be used in fight.Level advance would be limited by class title(defender <=30 ; guardian >=30).So feel free to use it,love to share my ideas ;)

Edited by Oleyum (see edit history)

Well...I have previously helped in the programming on a few rpgs, and it really is not easy. You will need multiple people for each category if you want to get a quality game done in the next year. I am quite good with the actual moving graphics and IGMs...and i have a solid base in programming with java and VB. I plan to learn C++, but that will take a while(probably a year or so) for me to completely master. Anyway, I hope your game gets off to a good start... if you want in game movies or graphics feel free to ask for my help. You will need a movie plot and rough sketches of the people if you want my help though. I im good...but im not THAT good...lol. Anyway, if you get started let me know.

I do hope you realize the difficulty of making a game, let alone an MMORPG. You should also let other people know what you already have down and what you are offering in terms of skill.The best of luck to you though.PS-Before anything gets done on the computer you should plan out everything, do concept art, sketches, have a story line (or something of the sort) and character classes, races, NPCs etc. all thought out. It will make it that much easier.

Thank you. I appreciated for your ideas, and opinions, yes if anyone want to help me I would be grateful, but this game I'm making it would take a long time, I want to do it well. so this is for a long term, nothing quick .. if you still interested I would be gladd =). email me . juampiblanco@gmail.com