xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pham

Magic Gmail To Gmail Drive (2691 Mb) Download Software n guide

I've seen something similar to this before, but quite often Google tries to block them being used. They are really useful as backups for important files, as you can't really accidently 'break' a GMail account like you can an HDD or CD.

These softwares are nothing but sends and receives mail with the files as attachments. I don't know whether it is legal to do so, but whenever google makes a change in their protocol, the gmail drive breaks. Also, it has the maximum file limit the same as max attachment size in gmail (10mb i believe). It is better to use internet space providers. Even if they provide ftp facility, it can be easily mapped to drive. There are freewares available to do this.

WOW :huh: seems great but tell me ... sice i font have A gmAIL ACCOUNT... CAn u store the file and even make out of it an Webhost ? without really the MYsql wich i pretty much doubt would not be working ? By the way CAN someone please sebd me a G-Mail accuont invite there was a post saying someone would send invites i was the first to reply ... and never got one.... Thank You ;)

WOW :huh: seems great but tell me ... sice i font have A gmAIL ACCOUNT... CAn u store the file and even make out of it an Webhost ? without really the MYsql wich i pretty much doubt would not be working ? By the way CAN someone please sebd me a G-Mail accuont invite there was a post saying someone would send invites i was the first to reply ... and never got one.... Thank You ;)

No, you can't use gmail as a webhost. It would be nice if you could.

If you send me your e-mail address, I'll send you an invite.

Yes, it is a very good and original idea.I use this program for some time now, perhaps 1 or 2 years, and i already made 2 topics about this program, you can find them on the Freebies forum.

as far as i know you will only be able to store files up to 10 megs which pretty much defeats the purpose of the whole storage thing because it will take longer to put files on there if they are big as you will have to break them up and then upload them one at a time to be quite honest i would not be patient for that. Just go get yourself a usb2 external hdd enclosure and then upload files you want to store onto that and then keep it in safe place and only use when you need to backup or take off it will work much better.

I just send it to myself as an attachment. Thats the easy way to do it. No downloads or anything like that. I normally put stuff like that in my specific file account( i just emailed myslef an invite.)

i have seen this before i ahd one which works inside firefox it rocks although i only used it once and then i ahve had it there left idle for ages and ages, so i never use it anymore and it was really useful to store all my files on when i had some down tiem with my computer adn thats the only time i ever used it lol, any ways good luck wiht the program and have fun wiht it GMAIL rocks hurray for gmail 2.6 gb of space thats so cooleveryone should have gmail rock on