xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

India Is Heading Into A Good Thing Outsourcing IT in India

Looks like OpaQue, Mayank and the other Xisto Forum members from India that are involved in the Computer field are positioned well. I received this information in a Newsletter today.

INDIA
A new study indicates that India could earn US$60-billion a year by 2010 from information technology and outsourcing. Business worth US$110-billion is expected to be outsourced worldwide by 2010 and India is set to capture half of it. India's IT and outsourcing sector is currently worth about US$22-billion and expects to grow by 25 per cent until the end of the decade. The forecast predicts that the sector could employ about 2.3 million workers by 2010 compared to 700,000 now.

source: https://www.aacb.com/

It's not the only thing being outsourced to India. A lot of Australian companies have their call centres located in India now. The problem is that Australian customers aren't always happy to be speaking to someone in another country.

Darn the east is gonna overtake the west!The main reasons why is that they are ambitious and have zillions of numbers!This is going to be very interesting in the future. :rolleyes:

Well, if it is about INDIA..then you can always expect a reply from me :)As far as outsourcing is concerned people tend to take it in a wrong way..they generally think about call centers :D because they have grown with a great pace and still growing...but here's what I've to add more that it is just not that..there are lot of software companies these days who are actually outsourcing the computer software's development as well.I always beleive that INDIA is full of brilliant minds and earlier we always used to underestimate ourselves but today in IT field we are having some of the good names in the whole world.Even, if it is a MNC you'll always find an INDIAN at the top positions...for e.g. when you start Adobe Photoshop the second person on the splash screen is of an Indian and if you open up Imageready...in the first line of splash screen there are 4-5 Indian names.So, you can see where India is growing :rolleyes:

Darn the east is gonna overtake the west!

The main reasons why is that they are ambitious and have zillions of numbers!

This is going to be very interesting in the future. :rolleyes:

225754[/snapback]

This is what many people are thinking of and looking forward to with anxious mind. President Bush recently has said that America cannot ignore the emergence of Asian giants China and India, espcially in terms of Economy. And if you search around the Google search you will get many results on those points as well.

Definitely, along with China, India is raising. The advantage of India over China is the manpower who have a good command over English.

And to come to the point that customers don't like their customer support being answered from Outside their country - this is just a common sense which people will come to term with it soon, because that's what make business sense for the businessmen in those concerned countries.

In fact, customer support centers and those related stuffs are not a big thing. There are many other things which today's developed countries have had outsourced to a country like India, China, Brazil and other countries.

It's not the only thing being outsourced to India. A lot of Australian companies have their call centres located in India now. The problem is that Australian customers aren't always happy to be speaking to someone in another country.

225733[/snapback]

Here In Canada, the city of Moncton, New Brunswick is known to be a large 'Call Centre', and people in the West don't like that, even if it is inside the same country, so this move to India will not be taken well, either.

I agree with Mayank, its not just call centers, but software companies.e.gAdobe pagemaker was made by Adobe IndiaCompanies like Trilogy, Microsoft,Adobe,Google,Oracle,Intel,HP,TI,IBM etc.have development centers in India and many more are in planning.The chief reason of India's 'dominance'(if i can call it that) is the huge english speaking population, large no. of educated unemployed and great tech. expertise. Moreover as the dollar is strong versus the rupee US companies find it cheaper to pay Indians in India.But what makes me sad is, instead of encouraging this trend which helps both countries some people vent out their anger on call center employees(reference: the recent case in which an american radio show called up an Indian call center and hurled racial abuses at the employee, who in turned remained calm and never once did lose his temper.)

This raises an interesting question. What is an Indian IT professional to do, stay in India where work is in abundance for less pay or move to a western country where work might be a bit harder to come by but the pay is higher? Obviously for some people the question will be easy to answer as they have no desire to move to another country, for others I think it would be a difficult choice. What do our Indian members think about this?

This raises an interesting question. What is an Indian IT professional to do, stay in India where work is in abundance for less pay or move to a western country where work might be a bit harder to come by but the pay is higher? Obviously for some people the question will be easy to answer as they have no desire to move to another country, for others I think it would be a difficult choice. What do our Indian members think about this?

Well this has failed to remain a question, prmiaryly because of so many visa restrictions. And i dont think Indians find it hard to find jobs even in the US, on the contrary good jobs in India are hard to come by. Take a look at our population growth and you will see. Its only people who study from good colleges with good grades who get such good jobs. Unlike America, college education is not as expensive in India, however a seat in a good college is hard to come by.This can be estimated from the fact that about 3 lakh students (approx) alone try for 4000 seats in the prestigious Indian Institues of Technology.

The rest of the world is catching up to USA. That might be a good thing since it will promote competition and force us to adjust and hopefully the larger corporation will provide better consumer satisfaction because of the higher level of competition. I always knew that India would going to be fast growing in terms of jobs and tech

Well to spice up things..here's on more URL for you guyz..to discuss upon.
I was surfing around when I got the link and I was amazed to see the research they'd put in to generate this kind of article.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It was interesting...to read the articles but...after sometime they start saying buy the subscription of the magazine...:angry: I would like to buy such a magazine..but the problem is that it is not available here in India (I am not completely sure though, but even if it...then it will be hard to find this issue)

According to this magazine...by 2015 India will be the Knowledge superpower and according to this URL...

India has the potential to show the fastest growth over the next 30 and 50 years. Growth could be higher than 5%over the next 30 years and close to 5% as late as 2050 if development proceeds successfully.
Overall, growth for the BRICs is likely to slow significantly over this time frame. By 2050, only India on our projections would be recording growth rates significantly above 3%.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

At this point of time..India is growing at the rate of 8% and it is expected that soon it will take over the record 10% growth of China.

India is now earning a lot of dollars due to the outsourcing business, They are very good when it comes to computer programming and softwares. That is why, foreign companies are hiring them to have their call centers. Aside from their skills, the payments are much lower than the payment they would give if they will hire Americans. But I guess there are some some problems with India people's accent.