xisto Community
DjLuki

Designing A Site help needed

hey, im about to start a gfx site, but i cn't come up with any ideas how to make it..so if anyone wanna help me out that uses photoshop..ure ore than welcome to...also what would you like to see at a gfx site? if have any examples or anything would help.Thanks

Hey, djluki, good luck with your graphics site. Don't forget to post some tutorials right here at the trap. And keep us posted about how it is coming along, okay? In the meantime, don't forget to read the tutorials at the gfxtrap site. I'm pretty sure there is an answer in there if you search for it. In fact, I know there is a good tutorial about slicing an image using Photshop.There is plenty of infon there for all you gfx people.

mmm, well in my opinion you should use flash, you can use any format within the swf format and also you can draw and keep the resolution to any image format.Or you can download icons in order to complete your skin page.

If you just want to display images you have created, I would reccomend Coppermine. It is by far the best image gallery script on the planet.

If you want to start a graphics website, you should have experience in graphics.

Try pixel2life.com. You have plenty of tutorials out there. Don't forget to look at Xisto's turorial section, since there are a lot of tuts too.

If you are good at arts and drawing then you might just draw your page on paper and then transform it to electonical form. I'm not so I do all my desinging directly in Photoshop.

If you don't have a grapshics (design) expirience at all then you might first take some time and create some simple sites since knowledge of desing comes with expirience and not from the books or anything!

And, of course, you can always find something on net that suits your needs (like some kind of template) and use it. But please give credits to real authors :huh:

Graphic sites die out very easily. Believe me. I used to affiliate with a bunch of graphic sites, but after a couple of months, they all shut down, and my affiliates were reduced by half. I think that the only way for your site to survive is if you provide daily tutorials like good-tutorials or pixel2life. Start out by having a bunch of original tutorials (about 100 should suffice) so that you can impress your visitors. After that, develop a system in which people can submit their own tutorials to your site. Pretty soon, your site will become popular because people will keep coming back, and your existing visitors will tell others.Good luck!

Like somone already said flash would be a cool idea. But he would have to be good at coding. Also like someone said alot of the gfx sites dont last. But i would like to see you make a good gfx site so i hope you can get it up and running becuase i would like to see it when its is done.

yeah I agree with snlildude gfx sites are hard to keep going theiros only a rare exception and thats gamerenders.com chaosgfx.com nsl.com those are the three biggest due to the fact that they are updated every 5 seconds with something new. I been to a fews sites that Have died out.But here are the suggestions that you will need though1- Provide alot of tutorials2- Provide renders, brushes, fonts, psds, templates3- forum skins4- contests (for like credits or points)5- affiliation with alot of sites from the big ones to the small ones.6- gamesthose are just a few suggestions but the most important thing is you need a active crew and people to stay active in the forums as well.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)