xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

Www And E-mail Problems

There are a group of items that you may need to know when you go on the internet. They are: How to save a web article and also how to save a drawing or picture in that article. You cannot save them both to the same file name. How to print out your e-mail when "yahoo" will let you read the e-mail but will not let you print it. When you cannot download your e-mail from your ISP and the manager will not help you. I will now tell you how to correct them. First: I have a web site on "Agora" that I use for odds and ends. The manager does not have a phone number to call, will not reply to a letter, or will not reply to an e-mail. He wants you to correct any problems yourself. As it cost less then $10.00 a month and has over 50 meg of space I cannot beat the price. For the last 2 years when I go and try to get my e-mail from tedpet@agora.rdrop.com the computer will come up with "An error occured in POP3. call your ISP". I have sent 5 e-mails but he will not fix it. The way that I get around this is I will go to http://yahoo.com/ on the web and go to "get other pop" and then I can receive all my e-mails from Agora. If you want to know how to do this, read the article "E-Mail Away From Home" on this web. I then can use Agora for all my other web items. On "Yahoo.com" most of the people in Portland can read their e-mail BUT they cannot print the e-mail. Yahoo has had this trouble for some time. There is a quick way to print out your Yahoo e-mail. Go to "file" and save the e-mail to a floppy or your hard drive as a .txt file. Then print it out in notepad or some other program. You may have trouble if you save it as a .doc file and you will have trouble if you save it as .html file. but a .txt file works good. You may have seen a good article on the Web and wanted to print it out. You used a Word processing program (Word, Works, Text, Notepad, etc). (you would not use html as then you would get all the control codes). Then when to print out that article you want to know "What happen to the pictures and drawings?" When any one (including me) make up a html program you have to make more then one file. One file is made up with a picture (one file for each picture or drawing). Another file for all the printing and where you want to place a picture or drawing, you type in a code listing the picture name and .jpg or .gif. You also type in the size, both wide and tall. with a lot of codes. When some one calls up a web page, the web first will look for the printing part, and then look for all listing of pictures. At times they will put them together and show you what you want. If you want to save an article you have to save the printed part of the article in a word processing program. Then you will go to each picture or drawing and right click on your mouse. Go down to save image and then save the .jpg or .gif picture to another file. You have to do this with each picture. There is no easy way to put them together again . You can maybe retype the codes into an html copy of your printed article and then it will go together. Most of the people will keep them as 2 or more files.