xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Another Flash Preloader Problem

I've made a preloader in flash. Just a simple one, with percentage progress bar etc. It totally works...butttt!!!!!!! when i test the movie, the loadbar is visible at 95 % for 1 sec orsomething, and then my website is loaded so the bar disapears.So basically the loadbar works, but it can only be seen at like 95% bytes loaded!!! What is wrong? I've mad also other different preloaders, and they all do the same...Wassie had a problem to with preloaders, but is this the same problem? That he loads the preloader first orsomething???

this is cause the file is on your computer and dont really needs to load, if you upload it on the internet, you will see the load bar. If i'm not mistaken there is this feature in flash were you can test your flash movie if it was on the internet... but i dont really know where it is.

that's the problem, I do use this feature (it's View, Simulate download by the way, in the test moviewindow) but it just hides and at 95% u do see it like it should but, way too late. This had no use. If it only shows at 95% the visitor still can't see how long he must wait for my site to load...

+his is very common, you do your loader and i+ is working perfec+ly, bu+ you can'+ see i+ un+il i+ reaches +he 90%, +his only occurs when you are working in flash, even if you are running i+ in simula+ion mode, bu+ when you load i+ in he ne+, i+'s displayed almos+ when +he load begins, don'+ worry abou+ +ha+, bu+ you should do ligh+ preloaders, and sure i+ will be displayed a+ +he very beginning.so keep your preloaders ligh+ weigh+ and you will ge wha you wan+.sorry guys bu+ my keyboard is damaged and a key don'+ works, so guess wha+ is +ha+ key.