xisto Community
illdevilinc

Connecting 2 Pc's Help if this is possible

I have a Notebook PC And a Desktop PC.I want to connect them both because my home computer has more memory then my laptop. I was wondering if there is any software that will connect 2 PC's with out buying anymore gear. I have a Eathernet cord and both my laptop and desktop have eathernet cards in them. They are both running windows XP. (my home computer has professional and my laptop has home edition). If anyone know anything about connecting two computers together with out a hub then please message this back. And if anyone also knows this i have wireless internet from my nabors but my laptop is the only machine that has a wireless card. Is there anyway to share this connection without a hub or any additional hardware? Thanks in advance.

You will need one piece of wardware, as it is impossable to connect two computers without a connection medium.A crossover cable will preform the same function for two computers that a hub will for many more. You can even make one. You see on a standard cable there is a send connection and a recieve connection. If you directly hook two computers together then the send lines on each will be in conflict. If you use a hub it swiches the send on one computer to recieve and the other way around. This will allow for the information to be sent down one and recieved on the other. A crossover cable will do the exact same thing. If you already have an eithernet cable you may be able to modify it.

You will need one piece of wardware, as it is impossable to connect two computers without a connection medium.

A crossover cable will preform the same function for two computers that a hub will for many more. You can even make one. You see on a standard cable there is a send connection and a recieve connection. If you directly hook two computers together then the send lines on each will be in conflict. If you use a hub it swiches the send on one computer to recieve and the other way around. This will allow for the information to be sent down one and recieved on the other. A crossover cable will do the exact same thing. If you already have an eithernet cable you may be able to modify it.

You can terminate crossover cable by such datasheet:

Posted Image

You see two variants 568A and 568B on picture.

Differences between these are only in wire colors!!!

It's cables special for connecting two PCs by Ethernet cards w/o hub/switch...

One cable for two PCs!

You can terminate crossover cable by such datasheet:

Posted Image

You see two variants 568A and 568B on picture.

Differences between these are only in wire colors!!!

It's cables special for connecting two PCs by Ethernet cards w/o hub/switch...

One cable for two PCs!

225271[/snapback]

Ok one question

What?

Well I know this program on sourceforge called synergy, and it is pretty good, used it cross platform. Its on sourceforge.net somewhere. That's what I use but I think you need multiple monitors for it. The other way you could go is some kind of VNC, but they are hard to set up, and are made for internet stuff. You could also have file/printer sharing, but it's insecure. There's a lot of things you can do, but do them in the order that I posted it in. If all else fails, google it.

If you are not connecting using a router or a hub, you will require a crossover ethernet cable, which is pictured by DeveloperX is his previous post. By connecting both computers together, it will work exactly like how it will work in connecting through a router or a hub.Making a folder shared will enable other connected computers in the same network to access its contents. For example, if you share a folder on your notebook, the desktop PC will be able to access the contents of the shared folder on your notebook.Typing the IP address of the computer that has the shared contents on the web browser will access it's shared contents. For example, if your notebook IP address is 192.168.1.100, then you type "\\192.168.1.100" on your desktop computer web browser to access your notebook's shared contents. In this way, data can be transfered to and fro from computers to computers.Regarding with sharing the wireless internet connection, it is unethical and wrong to connect and tap onto other wireless networks without permission. It's the same as Unauthorised Access, and Network Hijacking, which can be penalised and charged in court. But assuming you have the permission and authorised to use the network, you will need to share your wireless connection on your notebook. You can do this by configuring the network settings of your wireless connection and set it to be shared by other computers. In this way, the desktop computer connected to the notebook through the wire will be able to access the wireless internet, with the notebook as the middle-person. Both notebook and the desktop computer can now surf the internet at the same time.

you have two options and sorry to say that both of these requires you to buy some hardware or cable.One is the hub, connect both the desktop system and notebook, then use the Networking wizard on XP and you should be all set.Next is the crossover cable that someone have mentioned, if you don't know how to do this just buy one from your computer store they should have that available.Either of the two will give you what you need.

how can i connect two computer

Connecting 2 Pc's

If you want to only communication between both pc then it may be posiible without hub you should have only cross over cable and two Lan card.

Procedure- first port of connector put in lap top lan card point and second put in desktop lan card .

how to connect teo computer without hub?

Connecting 2 Pc's

You can connect two computer easily without hub with the help of cross over cable.

-reply by DEEPAK

networking in windows xp home

Connecting 2 Pc's

Does windows xp home edition supports networking between two computers using crosswire cable

-reply by prabu

can i link two desktop computer together and use them as one so that i will have more memory?

Connecting 2 Pc's

Can I link two desktop computer together and use them as one so that I will have more memory?

-question by Calvin are. Blake sr.

Remote DesktopConnecting 2 Pc's

Connect everything to your Desktop and then use your Desktop to access your Laptop via Remote Desktop (or Vise Versa).  No extra cables and essentially the same thing, just make sure that you are accessing as an Administrator so that you could have all the rights that you need.

-reply by matho

u connect 2 pc using original ethernet cable , but some setting needs to be done

1st u plug in the ethernet cable on both side .

2) open control panel > network connection > properties on LAN > TCP/IP

on the 1st computer/ laptop , set the ip address to be 192.168.1.1 and the default/sub ip as 192.168.1.2

den on the 2nd computer / laptop , do the same except set the ip to be 192.168.1.2 and the default/sub as 192.168.1.1

the subnet as default 255.255.255.0

3) clik ok and the 2 computers should be connected as LAN