xisto Community
BOAW

Other Free Hosting Sites

first of all i just wanna say YAY for being the first to post on this category =) but neways i have a website ive been working on hosted by 95.mb its wut i find to b the best for my uses so far....so hopefully when i can i can get some space from this site n see wut the differences between both sites according to wut your able to do

This place ROCKS... The list of features is incredible compared to the Free web Hosts out there. A full cpanel full of stuff, Forum software, Content Management systems, Photo Gallery scripts, Shopping Carts, everything for web site building you could possibly want except someone to do it for you... and that's what these Forums are all about.Ask questions, get answers and answer other questions to assist each others. A community ... and welcome, by the way...

a couple of free web hosts are geocities, piczo and friendpages. my favorite one to use is piczo, its much easier than friendpages. unless your very good with the computer and HTML, i dont suggest using friendpages because it requires all HTML. piczo is the best because you can make numerous amounts of pages, change colors of texts & backrounds, upload many photos (depends on the amount of vistors your site gets) and the site looks nice in the end. Geocities is also pretty good, but i suggest piczo for people that are newer at making websites.

there is always a catch with free hosts. Xisto and a few others are probably the only hosts on the net who use a credits system for hosting which has no strings attached. You would probably be better off sticking with Xisto if you were ever considering moving.

I have a question about this category! How come it is around, isn't it just providing more hits to their respective site? Anyway, some free hosts are : freehostia, and ifastnet . Those are good, but none is as good as Xisto. Believe me on this

I've been hanging out, racking up credits so I can eventually ask for a site here. How tough is it to get reviewed for an approval? I'm really looking forward to making my site as I've been designing for a while and haven't been able to find a good.....free host without advertising. Trap seems pretty legit so far tho. I like what i'm seeing in all the threads and people seem to be really happy. I like that.

Well the other one I used to use was freehosting123.com (I think that is the name). They offered cPanel, but not all the features like on here. They do not force advertisements, so that is pretty cool.The only problem was that it is invite only. I sneakily used the demo account to send an invite to my self (Hehe), so that is how I got my account.I must say though, Xisto has to be the best of the best!

I've been hanging out, racking up credits so I can eventually ask for a site here. How tough is it to get reviewed for an approval? ... Trap seems pretty legit so far tho. I like what i'm seeing in all the threads and people seem to be really happy. I like that.

Approval is not very difficult at all, simply abide by what we call "the rules", avoid receiving any warnings, provide some quality posts and assist others with their problems is a good way to proceed. Essentially, treat others with respect, give as much as you wish to receive and your experiences here will be awesome.

As to the quality of service, you won't find many services out there with a full cpanel, fantastico, and the storage and bandwidth available here. Not even paid hosting services provide what the Xisto hosting service does, so continue behaving yourself and anticipate the Hosting when you apply.

Awardspace.com is generally good and it doesn't require posting, but it has 2 big drawbacks:1. A ridiculous banned word list which they won't even reveal because "they're banned for a reason" so if you've accidentally included a banned word in one of your pages you have to go through a long process of trial and error until you find which one it is.2. The servers tend to go down a lot. There's good online support, but there's not much you can do while they're trying to fix them.

I'm got my first hosting account from geocities in the year 2002.Since then I've used several different hosting services.The real truth that I want to sahre with you is that, of all the different hosting services I've come across Xisto is the best place where I was satisfied. I'm hosted with Trap 17 for nearly an year and I never faced a single issue with the server. You get good support and 99.9% uptime as promised. And now you are offered surprise upgrades, as offered now.

Another good place to get free hosting is 110mb. Thats where my old site is hosted until I found Xisto! But 110mb is great if you know what your doing, the place gives you great features but they are horrible in support. I asked for support there quite a few times and you never get a reply quick enough. Xisto seems way better.

Hi, I've tried several free hosting offers: ifastnet, my-php.net, 1111mb and 4000webs. My Script was working only at 4000webs.com. But they don't display my index page. Perhaps, cause they can't display their ad? The other 3 are ad free. ifastnet and 1111mb don't allow htaccess fiels. 1111mb seems to allow nothing like zip...My-php.net is fast and allow zips and htaccess. I think my script is not working, because of the disabled fopen.I think the best review site for free hosts is 0php. Worth a visit! :unsure: