xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xavierrd

Satellite Toshiba. Modem Disabled Guess XP has something to do...

:)It's not my laptop, but I am now very involved in the situation. Suddenly, it was not possible to use the modem, dissapeared from the Network Connections and can't choose it when starrting the Internet Connection Wizard. It's, like, disabled. After a couple days I heard someone with the same problem did something in the control panel, administrative tools and solved it. Does some one know anything about it???Grettings! :)

:)

It's not my laptop, but I am now very involved in the situation. Suddenly, it was not possible to use the modem, dissapeared from the Network Connections and can't choose it when starrting the Internet Connection Wizard. It's, like, disabled. After a couple days I heard someone with the same problem did something in the control panel, administrative tools and solved it. Does some one know anything about it???

Grettings!

:)

224805[/snapback]

You should be able to download the driver back into the computer from http://www.toshiba.com/tic/transmission-distribution-systems it should bring back the modem to a working status once it is installed.

Windows XP has a habbit of messing around with its files if something is done wrong in control pannel. So dont do anything with control pannel unless you know what yolur doing.

If the driver dosent help put in the toshiba recover disk into the drive and reinstall the Toshiba software modem back into the computer.

If that also dosent work then you will havce to perform a compleate system recovery (also using the same disk as above).

TO DO A RECOVERY---

1.Save all data that you will want back onto the computer to some kind of removable media (Cd, external hard drive that is not being used by windows, or a flash drive.)

2. While computer is still turned on put the disk in your CD drive.

3. Restart the computer

4. When you see TOSHIBA on the screen press the C key until the screen changes.

5. initiate the recovery.

If none of the steps above fix the problem its most likly hardware problems.

If it is a hardware problem take it into a toshiba otherized repair center (list availible on http://www.toshiba.com/tic/transmission-distribution-systems)

If the Computer is under warrenty they should fix it at no charge to you.

P.S. I have the same laptop and #1 fixed it for me.

Thanks illdevilinc.I always try to fix specific problems, without big actions, yet, that thing of recovering is for sure. Now I don't need the modem, so I'll take my time to keep trying. If I find the solution I'll let you know. :rolleyes:

sometimes, when you use the sound (i mean if you play music) the sound card disables and vicebersa if you use the modem the sound card is not recognize, actually i have just seen this in pcs but it might happen the same thing probably