xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LocalSeer

Heroes V Open Beta: launched today on fileplanet

One of the best strategy series out there is almost ready to launch the final product. But to wet our anticipation, we have an open beta for everyone to try. Features only multiplayer and two maps. I still haven't tested it because I'm in line waiting 44 minutes on fileplanet servers, but I consider it worth the time. Any fan of strategy should try it.

SWEET! I was really dissapointed in AoE III, hopefully this will live up to my expectations. Ive been waiting for this game since... December? Heroes III was great, hopefully this will be just as fun. Though Im a little disapointed with the Sylvan and Dungeon factions (something like thet, the dark elves) but the Academy and Necropolis look sweet. And the angels look cool.

The site is taking an inredibly long time to load for me :)

Go to http://www.celestialheavens.com/ for info on the factions.

Apparently they removed all Heroes V info :rolleyes: And where can you get the beta outside of fileplanet? Sorry for the double post

225267[/snapback]

As far as I know only fileplanet had it exclusively, and all the keys(I think they had 60,000) are all taken so you can't get it anymore. Plus it's protected by starforce so I wouldn't expect anyone else to be able to crack it.

The game looks great visually, but I had trouble just starting a game(it is the beta so I hope they will fix it), things are unclear. Then when I started a game up I didn't know where to begin in building my town and lost my first battles. It really needs a tutorial or some practice single player to experiment and learn.

The towns look so nice, especially comparing with 3 or 4. You can zoom in and out, rotate, stunning. It lagged a bit on high detail/resolution for me and I have a 3.2ghz 1gig ram computer, but on low my friend had no trouble with a 1.8 ghz 512mb ram on 1024 by 768.

I love Heroes, too bad the other company fell and had to sell it or get rid of it. The 4th one was my favorite except I wished the expansions coulda been better they stink, plus not too mention they needed way more units like the third and also upgrades.This new one looks great, I won't play the beta because I don't like playing the product when it is unfinished or just a part, or demos or trials either. I will get the full version soon whe it comes out fully and I will rock once more. Also I think the real time battle feature is great, the 3d look and feel is awesome too. This company is doing a great job, especially since they gave more an rpg feel and anime feel to it.