xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zythrix

Money Is Evil : The Thing I Hate Most. Money is the center of all problems

I've never had more problems in my life than the ones that center around money. It starts when you're young. If you don't have the money to get the nice clothing then you're shunned. If you don't have the money to get a car and a license as soon as you're 16 then you're shunned. But that's all just social status and be overlooked in your adolescent years. There's still ways to have fun and be liked without having money as a youth, it's just more difficult. Then you reach adulthood. This is when it stops mattering whether you're a good person or how funny you are or how cool you are. The only grade of an adult is their wealth. But not only that, it seems sometimes that if you didn't come into money early (ie: rich parents, inheritance, etc) then you never will. Sure, some people can make something of nothing and get set up for life.. but those opportunities are few and far between (even non-existant for some). Every bad argument I've had with a friend, family member or my girlfriend has been about money. Doesn't that say something? How happier would everyone be if there was no money and people just bartered for things? Let's hear your views on it.

Yes, there are times where we wish money never existed, or that it wasnt involved in our lives as much. The only good thing I've managed to think of what good money can be, is to place a limit on things. For example, if food was free, there would be a major shortage in food supply. World hunger would be worse than what it is now. I'm sure tap water would be on a low as well. Many other things as well. But, I havent fully thought this through. The rich just get richer. And money is the source of all evil.

And I always thought life was all about how good one looks and how popular they are, in contrast to just how wealthy they are (although that helps). I don't have a LOT of money, but I get by just fine. I buy my clothes at second-hand stores and garage sales (discounts on what is practically new), and I smart-shop so I get quality for a fair price. If one has any talent in anything at all, it seems to me one can make money, whether it be over the Internet or in real life. The world is full of monetary opportunities - one has only to reach out and grasp one.

I'm all for the shopping cheap. I never understood people who looked down on things like coupons and such. Like they're too good to use a coupon. I say, if you can get it for cheaper.. WHY NOT? If anything, they should want to use coupons more because that's more money they have and the better they look. I dunno.. I once watched a co-worker of mine (I worked at a grocery store) purchase $380 in groceries with a $20 bill and a stack of coupons. I mean, ya just cant beat that.

money is good, the root of all evil, but still good. i love love love money, but i won't so many things for it. things that "i" consider bad. now people who snob people due to lack of cash are in my opinion dense inbred fools. i am fairly well-to-do. so when my friends act funny towards ppl without much money, makes me want to barf! and i let them know they are being idiots.i know some ppl who thinks a guy is cute based on hyow expensive his shirt is. well i think a guy is cute based on how his face and body fit together. don't mind all those freaks who keep questing for cash while mortgaging thier souls. they would answer to God when the time comes.

Very well put! I despise money 100%. But I am quite fond of some of the things you acquire with it. My electronics, comfortable clothing, etc. I just wish the money wasn't necessary for that kind of stuff, ya know? I dunno, maybe if I'm ever not broke, I may look at money differently, but I sure hope not.

If we just bartered for things then no teenager would ever get off to a good start in life. Somehow I doubt the major car companies and electronics manufacturers would accept your stereo in exchange for a nice car or computer. Bill Gates, like it or not, is setting a good example by donating large sums of money to various charities to research medical problems etc. How many oil company executives do you see doing the same? Studies show that the gap between the rich and the poor is widening. It's odd really that those who are rich often seem to want more money, yet those with little are normally quite content with what they've got. It makes no sense!People seem to base their entire life on other peoples' perceptions of them. I have seen people refuse to enter 'discount' stores or to pick up 'own-brand' products when other people are looking, just because it makes them look cheap. With most products they are manufactured in the same factory, but put into a different box, you simply pay for a name.My family do not own the house (rented from the council) or the car (leased via an employer), but this, I feel, is more logical. We are not at risk from house market changes, get repairs done for free, get a new car every 3 years, the tax is payed for, but people say you are cheapskates or immediately presume you are a very low earner.It's all down to first impressions, which are usually wrong.

Very much so. I don't disagree that money is a necessity.. I just dont like it heh. If we got rid of money, we would be reverting ourselves to before the industrial revolution.. and I'm sorry.. I like my electronics. As for the generic foods and stuff.. only rarely will I take a popular name brand over a generic brand (some of them just taste better).. but for the most part.. I shop as cheap as possible. I grew up fairly poor so I learned the value of a dollar a bit better than the average child. See, you've got it right. Rent.. lease.. too expensive to own.

Well for me money is both a good and bad thing. Money is good because it keeps a roof over my head, food in the fridge, a car in the garage, and the ability to buy the things I want. Without money unless you can barter for all of your bills and stuff. Money is a bad thing because if you have too much of it you are greedy and you are looked down upon. If you do not have enough money you will not be able to buy anything and your quality of life will decrease.

That's why most people are in-between. I know it sounds cruel, but I have little or no sympathy for dirt-poor people (who live in the USA), because there are so many opportunities out there, if they would put some elbow-grease into it, they could get a job and a decent living, perhaps even further their education, allowing them to get an even better job and even more money. There is no excuse for being poor in the USA, unless one is completely unable to work, due to a crippling mental disease or due to disfunctional body parts, and those kinds of people are taken care of by the government.I wouldn't call money evil, though. It can cause people to do evil things, but in itself, it is not evil. It can fix many problems, not to mention if there was no money, or if currency didn't matter, nothing would get done (for example, if one had to work all day but wouldn't get paid and would instead just be given enough food to live on, they wouldn't care too much about how good of a job they did - money offers an incentive to improve oneself and do better).

You mentioned in your first post about "social status". Well, around here, many people really don't care about whether you have your permit/license to drive when you're 16, or have nice clothes. No, we're not poor, we just don't care about the stupid stuff like that.Also, I like money, but don't want too much. However, I also hate it when I hear about people killing others just for money. Money is sorta like some people's feelings that I've seen towards other people: You love them, and you hate them. Unfortunately, money basically "controls" our lives, sorta. Just think of what we wouldn't have without money...

I'd rather trade in shiny rocks and seashell personally. Like the Hawaiians did (or what is the Africans? I forget). The money you make is based on the free time you have to look for these things. though, i suppose, they had less time because they weren't urbanized at the time... oh well... deurbanize while we're at it! :("yes, I'll buy that 7800GTX for 12 seashells and a shiny agate"

You can never get what you want when it comes to money. With me, it's always I can never get enough. There's always something I'm saving for and always something I end up losing my savings for. Aaagh! It would be nice to have a job to have a few extra money but where can I get the extra time for that? My school schedule is killing me. :(

It really helps to have money. It can never buy happiness but it will solve some of your problems. With money you have an excuse not to be practical and sensible and thus you can have much more freedom. But then again, money (specifically lack of) can be a motivating factor for things that you do in life. Successful people didn't always come from rich families. They made use of what they had and worked hard.

money could be good thing or bad thing depends what your looking at. The ways good money could work is in your pocket. Sometimes without money you can practically do nothing. Everything is about money, poeple want money, money, money. To get rich and powerful, most people would say. I think people with the most money are greedy, just my opioion. If you look at it that way, they can just brag all they want to just bring someone down saying they don't have money. Or you can't do this or that, look im doing sometihng that you can't do. I hate those kind of people that do other people like that. Like someone metion about if there was no money in the world, The world starvation would be wose, but it is right now (without money it could be even worse).

I hate the whole money system as well and there are ways to get rid f that system, but that's up to those who have the power, wich like it like this, because money is power and they have all the money :) I'm from a not so wealthy family, but I still make the most of life (not the most of money lol) I know how it affects your social status, if you want to be with rich people that is. Also remember everyone from my class had nikes and those brands, when I came with my all new 'wallmart' shoes, my first pair of nikes were at the age of 19.But I think if your social status is suffering due to your wealth or non-wealth, then you must have the wrong friends. That's what I learned back then. (ima old tard :))