xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zythrix

The Nes Reincarnated NES remake with newer hardware.

How many of you have heard of the Generation NEX Nintendo Entertainment System? It may seem a tad ridiculous to some of you, but I'm a part of the Nintendo Generation.. and this is just awesome.

It's an NES console. One and a half inches tall, 2.4GHz wireless technology for the controllers, AND.. it supports Famicom cartridges as well as original NES cartridges. It also comes with dual-mono sound (not quite stereo, but it will play out of both speakers on your TV!). It is almost completely backwards compatible with the NES. You can play just about any old NES game on it (unfortunately there is a compatibility list) as well as use any of your old NES accessories (different controllers, duck-hunt pistol, etc).

Check out the full story with pictures here! : http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/21/the-nes-reincarnated

I don't think the younger generation of gamers would full appreciate that console. I'd have a blast playing all my old NES games again.. but kids nowadays... it'd just be too slow for them. There's 12 yr olds playing games on cell phones with better graphics than an NES.. I don't think they could revert back. But to be able to play my old games without having to try one of the various NES boot-up methods (double-stack the games.. blow inside of it.. pop the game up and down.. etc etc) would be quite nice =). I'll probably definitely get one.

it seems like a cool idea to bring back the old systems. It would be cool to play the games of that time. It would also be cool if they braought back other old systems so people who wernt around then could try them out. But with higher technology.

I like older games (and I'm part of that "younger generation"). Anyway, that sounds pretty cool. I haven't played too many NES games, but for the ones I HAVE played, I really liked them a lot. I sorta like playing the older games over the newer ones. I wouldn't mind trying that out myself (I'm a big Nintendo fan as well).

I've never heard of this before. I think it's a great idea to remake older systems. But this sounds a bit bad, seeings as the revolution coming out. (Yes I know this new was out 2 months ago.) I am a big Nintendo fan, though a younger gamer, I still loved the NES, and would love to see if come back up.

This whole thing on the Generation NEX was already covered by me in another topic here. But anyways, yes, this is really not neaded especially for those who run an emulator on their pcs or xbox or something. For collectors and hardcore fans only I would say. I still love Nintendo though.

Wow thats really cool. Ive always preferred gameplay over graphics, I still think some nintendo games are funner than most newer games. You can never beat supermario bros 2 and 3 though, those were awesome games.

I'm one of gamers who started videogaming with Ninetendo Entertainment System. Back in the past, it's my first system, also the beginner of my videogame world. I still remember it was Mario Bros as my first game in my life. The gameplay is so simple and the graphic is so... simple (what else can tell). Comparing to that, now everything has changed with newer Nintendo consoles.'Bout NES Genertion NEX, well I haven't seen but I've seen similar to this in the past. I just passed by when see it. Why must I bought a so run-down console like this when we can emulate it in our computer, or even in our mobile gaming device? I even saw a mobile phone can emulate this system.And then, with higher technology, but the same videogame with the old one? Isn't that a waste of technology?

:huh: Just like a comment... waste of technology would be using a $2,500 USD computer for playing super mario bros. Without saying that you have to wait... what? 30seconds? 1 minute to start? If your PC is fast enough. I love Atari, my very first console but when I got to NES I was really more than pleased. If I could get a whole new NES console, I'd be happy ;) There are few games like Zelda, Zelda II, Ninja Gaiden ;) , etc. in new systems. I'm not saying they are bad, it's just that I witnessed some of the beginning of the consoles evolution with NES, Sega Genesis, Atari, and it's good to me to give them credit. Guess I felt in love back then ;) I would like to share the experience with younger people, and for sure with my children, if I ever have children ;):lol:

I know there isn't much point to the system.. but it makes people nostalgic and they buy it. There HAVE been complaints about the controllers and I've seen one or two complaints about the video.. but a novel idea nonetheless.