xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphie

Flying Car Spotted On Google Earth

Heres an interesting read for the day. If you look at the article here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/23/flying_car/ you will see that a flying car has been spotted. they have a link on the page with the coordinates so you can look at it in your own google earth if you like.

There is a second article located here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
this one is a little bit updated and it talks about possibilities of what could have happened in order for the image to come up like that. But look at the first link before your read this one.
I found the articles amusing. What do you think about it? What are your ideas of what caused it? :(

Harry Potter on holidayi love it! its in article 2!its funny! and im hyper!! they have a sence of humor! this is a weird article.... i hope we do get flying cars sometime >_<

there should be a link towards the end of the first article. the last sentence of the article says "Where's my bloody flying car?" is very simply "Right here"*.just click on the last word and it will give a download prompt. click it and it will take you to the car in google earth.

Awesome! That is cool. I will have to go and find it. I can't believe there would be a flying car. But that is what happens when you use google earth. People find interesting things. Tell me when you find a UFO :(

Firstly, after a good glance at the first article I was a kind of confuse because the flying car in question doesn't look like one at all. It looks like some thing is there but not like a flying car. I could be some thing out there, but it doesn't look like one in the air also.The second article is interesting and I'm reading more to understand. It looks quite interesting.

Maybe it's a car accident... That car flied to air, photo taken and next second it hit the trees!But, hmm... There is no hill or cliff nearby, car couldt have thrown in air...-edited-I looked again... Maybe it's water tank that stands in thin metal legs... (yoıu get the picture in mind, right?)-edited again-I clicked the article... In there it already writeswater tower :lol:

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

you know what at first i really thought of harry potter when i saw the words flying car. lol. Can't help it. That looks cool. What if it could be a big o' balloon shaped like a car? lol. or is the government hiding things from us? that is the question. lol.

woah, that's awesome, but how can you tell that it's going at 80 knots just by lookign at the picture, for all you know it could be going at 2 knots or something. I have a feeling that its just an elevated cement block or somtehing like that, it would be funny if they made a rocket propelled care though. fun stuff here!

This is kind of odd, especially in the sense that everyone else immediately thought of Harry Potter comments and I might be the only one who had a load of Star Fox 64 quotes to say. Oh well.

Well, if you look at the shadows of the nearby trees, you can see that the sun is hitting it from the north. I think that it is some kind of sign with very thin legs that couldve been the cause of its shadow not appearing. I really seriously doubt its a flying car, what would it be doing there headed straight to the trees. It actually seems pretty logical for it to be a sign because the area around it is cleared from the trees and it is facing the parking lot.