xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WoLf9015

A Wierd Pair Of Glasses

in about 7 years japan is going to distrobute a wierd pairr of glasses im not sure what they are called but they are pretty cool. The regular sun glasses at least they look like like it. But they pick u the frequency of any portable dvd player you sunc. them to kind of like blue tooth. But the cool part is that on one side it projects a 5x5 foot screen to watch your movie on but no one else notices but you thats pretty awesome.

where'd you get this info?and io thnk that would be sooo totaly awsome! i could have a dvd player in my backpack, and be waching movie lmao, this would be soo cool!

cant you just see all the people trying to walk around and walking into things as they watch their movies through their sunglasses :( and can you imagine how expensive they will be once they come out?its a cool idea for a gizmo but i dont think i would buy them.

The company that is designing these glasses could probably also incorporate 3D video technology so that things look more realistic. I would like to have one but I'm guessing that the glasses are probably more expensive than high-end plasma TV's

I got tis info from a guy that works for sony chris. And they're only supposed to be as much as a i think 300 400 dollars. and they thought of that running into walls problem the screen only comes out one eye when your walking and you can set it as both eyes with a push of a button but i cant wait till they come out my friends dad that works for sony has a prototype there friggin awesome but they're still experimentle and theyre makin them better as they go but they're nt gonna advertise them for at least like 4 years which really sucks

The company that is designing these glasses could probably also incorporate 3D video technology so that things look more realistic. I would like to have one but I'm guessing that the glasses are probably  more expensive than high-end plasma TV's

The only way for an image to appear 3D would be to have a slightly different image being transmitted to each eye, and in order to get the correct effect, one would have to have screens on each side of the sunglasses that completely covered the lens, obscuring one's view of the real world. It would be difficult, not to mention it would take some heavy computing power that I'm not sure something as small as sunglasses could hold (not to mention power - one would have to recharge the glasses every five to ten minutes).

Wow the future is finally upon us :( I'm guessing they have some sort of ear piece (like Oakley's MP3 sunglasses) so you can hear what is being said in the movie. I think what is more exciting is the other applications this can be used for.Like imagine having them while riding your motorbike. Getting the speedo and RPM etc displayed in the corner. Or having a navigation system in there while your riding/walking/cycling/driving. Although it might become a bit distracting and be considered too dangerous. Or they could have a camera facing backwards so you can see behind you. Although I have seen sunglasses for cyclists that a made in a special way so that the sides act as a sort of mirror and you can see all around and practically behind you. Then there's the military and commercial applications to consider. Sony could be onto another winner here.

But I can't help but wonder how many car accidents will happen as a result of someone watching a movie on the edge of their sunglasses and, as a result, not pay attention to the road and the other people on it.

from the looks of it yes this seems a very cool invention but try to imagine about most people in the street using this, how many accidents will happen, by merely walking you can concentrate because you are in the middle of a very interesting movie, what more if you are driving.If this comes out then I think it will only be allowed indoors and it should be but with that why will you still need these things if you have a home theater system waiting for you.

So what about price? Tech specs? How about battery length and where the heck's the battery?! >_< And I agree, no single screen can be 3D unless it's a hologram which would raise the price of these already-expensive glasses to an astonishing "one million dollars!" *pinky in mouth* (or something outrageous liek that)

The only way for an image to appear 3D would be to have a slightly different image being transmitted to each eye, and in order to get the correct effect, one would have to have screens on each side of the sunglasses that completely covered the lens, obscuring one's view of the real world. It would be difficult, not to mention it would take some heavy computing power that I'm not sure something as small as sunglasses could hold (not to mention power - one would have to recharge the glasses every five to ten minutes).

Have you not seen a 3d movie? I'm not talking about the red-blue ones. 3d movies have been out for a while now. They require a special type of glasses that alternate and black out each eye at a very fast rate that you can't notice. The display also alternates between two points of view at the same rate as the glasses giving the effect of two views individually in each eye allowing you to see in 3d. Many cg films have already been produced into a 3d movie that plays this way such as finding nemo. If a pair of glasses were able to play normal movies then it would probably be not much more difficult to make each eyepiece function individually or just have frames from 3d films display normally except have the left/right sides alternate and black out. This method would not require much more computing power or electricity if any more any at all as it's the same as playing any other video. Making the glasses 3d wouldn't obscure vision any more than the glasses normally would if it were displaying normal video.

Even though they may not be very practical, they work. I can imagine getting good use out of them. Girlfriend is watching Better Homes and Gardens or some such.. and she wants to you sit with her.. so you just pop on your glasses hehe. I would hope that automobile accidents wouldn't be an issue as there should be nobody stupid enough to drive and wear these glasses at the same time. Anybody who decides that's a good idea.. deserves what they get heh.

woah thats really freaking, imagine that that would be so cool. wont be practical for a while I think thouhg so meh, but glasses will become moe popular and more popular. take transisions for example cool!