xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster_2006

"grand" Login System? To Forums, Chat, and Site

Major problem I got here. A site at which I am employed as PHP Coder (privet-drive.com), needs a "grand" login. The login needs to be able to login them into the forums, the chat, and the site, all at the SAME time! The big problem is, the chat is located on another website (potterchat.net), and the forums are IPB and not PHPBB. Any comments, or some tips on how I am to go about this? I am freaking out, and any advice at all would be nice! Thanks in advanced!

your employeed on private-drive also?!? dam lmao what site are you not employeed at..neways.. i do not know of one, and if anyone does find one please tell me :-D..but there is this one code on here somewhere that you have to put a script at te top and bottom of the page that checks for cookies to see if they have allready loged in, i do not think this will help your problem though..i hope you do find one soon though.that one site i gave you said it will have a login system coming out soon..might check back there every so often

I'm not that great at PHP, however, for the chat may not work with IPB and the rest of the site. You may have to have a chat script on the server with the forum and site on it. However, perhaps if the chat server sends out a cookie, you may be able to do it, but as far as I know, you can't do a login with a remote server. If you have access to the server, then you may somehow be able to do it. Anyway, sorry, but that's all that I can really tell you.

You would need to combine the mysql databases, and have a way to have all of the passwords authenticated... that means it can't be encrypted differently... I really don't know how to do that.

Can you harvest the login code and cookie checker from the IPB code? It's most defenitely copyrighted I bet. You could attempt to make your own code that looks for the IPB login cookie, and will make it if you login from the site. As far as the chat goes, cookies from one domain name won't work on another, but you could probably make an additional cookie that works on the other domain. Just some tips; I don't know PHP really.

If its possible, why not make a script to post the login to each of the mysql databases? IPB and PHP, I believe, both use a table to track people using the forum. And it will delete the entry when the time expires. And again if its possible (if the site allows it) make cookies to each of the places. I'm not sure what the code is but when I find it I'll let you know

2 days ago i had a problem like that to make one login for oscommerce and phpbb.ok you should:1- open your IPB and look what is the username saves as in session(e.g. $ss_username).2- then you can save that session variable in cookie("UserName", ".$ss_username.") or a database table.3- in your chat search for the cookie or search in you database table.that's all;i hope that helps you.