xisto Community
Ralphie

What's On Your Site?

This is for all of you who have websites. There is an outrageous number of websites out there of all different types. I thought it would be interesting to see what kinds of websites everyone has here at Xisto. So if you have a website (or more than one, not necessarily hosted by Xisto), share what its about. What do you like to put on your site? Also, provide a link if you can. Even if you dont have a website but are planning on making one, share your thoughts and maybe you'll get some extra ideas.As for me, I currently do not have a site. I used to have one that I was going to put a few games on and links to sites I liked. It was pretty much going to be a site that I could go onto during school when I was stuck with nothing to do. I never really finished it and now it has disappeared. Maybe I'll try and remake it or make an entirely different site in the future but for now, I really havnt had any determination to create anything. So what about all of you?

well, right now my website contains Harry Potter Information! heh the best stuff...

but i started making websites at the age of 10, first i started on AOL pages using their page designer..it was all going good but back then it was just a role playing place..
then i went to geocities..stayed there for a while then i opened season three of my sites on some forums and thats where i am no..well now im in the process of making an information site for my role playing forums

but tips for people who are planning on making a website...dont just copy other peoples information if its an information site, use it as a refense and type it in your own words, plagerisim aint a cool thing unless you give full credit to the maker of the object..even then you need their permission..

dont have WAYY to many pictures, for those with a slower internet connection..

and best of all make it a fun site for people! im sure they like it, right now my site has no visitors cuz i havent told neone but the URL is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ not much stuff now im still working on it but i also run 2 other sites that need constant maintnence. one an awards site for a harry potter site, and the other another role playing form for harry potter...i also help people with stuff..

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I don't have a personal site, but I use my hosting here to create sites for others. And to test stuff like the html and php I am learning. Some day I imagine I'll fire a site up, but there is always the part about 'content'. Seems that I don't think anyone would be real interested in the content I could provide based on my daily activities. I mean, how many ways can you build a garage??? would you look on the Net to find pictures of me standing on the roof of a building fixing something? I don't think so... See. Content, content, content...

Currently my site is hip-hop related, but it is under construction(waiting on the hosting :( )I plan to have hip-hop news,reviews,interviews,lyrics thats the informative part.For multimedia i prolly have wallpapers,screensavers,pics, and etc... in that such...Maybe set up a network and try to get affiliations and gotta get some banners and buttons up so people can link my site..and some interact like polls, maybe a forum still havent worked this part yetIma try to have over 50 pages on my site lol so evry time someone visit theyll at least have something to do...

Well, I had the idea of making a site for my band, but my band is almost dead so I dont feel like making them a site anymore. What Im going to do now is, I am going to make a web page for my grandmas ornament trees, It will probably be finished by the end of this week, so I will be consulting your opinion on the site soon, and Ive also had the idea of making a chef website but that would be further down the road when I have more experience in my chef classes. I may also make me a personal music site, sort of as a producer, so maybe Ill end up buying hosting soon, because I dont think that all this would fit in my Trap 17 account.

OK, my website is random, just like me. It has loads of things, all available from this page. I suppose it centres around my blog, which is basically documenting my life and is peppered with random facts and lists, and my (often very cynical) opinion. I also have galleries of some of my graphics work, made in Apophysis, Terragen and my sigs in CS2. I am also making some weird little flash movies and puzzles, but they're not online yet. Similarly, I have some PHP scripts and tutorials I need to put online.

Finally, I have a puzzle I have developed. It is rather confusing and random, and you can find it here. I developed it mainly over one weekend when I was very bored, and I have been adding some levels in every spare moment I get. I trialled it loads of my friends, who are still trying to complete it :( Feel free to have a go at it.

Plans for the future? Continue the blog, extend the galleries and add more to the puzzle. Oh, and upload the tutorials and movies. Much of the same really.

i have a website about spudguns which was doign great until recently i havent posted enough on Xisto to keep my site up so i lost a ton of visitors. my other website is about bikes and biking (mountain). yeup. that's about it. in the future i plan to do an animation site with my friends and music too.

I have a few cool sites:

United Banners is banner exchange that has some very cool features like pro accounts and Google style text ads. This has been a very fun site to try to promote. It is off to a pretty good start but is full of potential.

MySpace Junky is a site for MySpace users. I adopted this one from a friend, I guess he got bored of it. It is getting about 300 hits a day and is growing steadily. I plan to add a ton of cool features to it before this summer.

4MX is my baby. The true love of my life. Hosting forums seems to be very good business. I have no users yet, but I have been working on getting links more than signups to get it started. It is pretty togh competition when there are so many free forum hosts out there, but the challenge will make it all that much better in the end.

I have a few other sites running around out there on the web. These just happen to be the ones worth mentioning. :)

Well right now im trying too get my website launched im still waiting on getting some hosting. and my domains too the new DNS but i had a real nice custom made website for my clan and my self. Once i get it up and running how i like it ill give you guys the URL! my theme is about counter-strike source TEAm forums the hole 9 yards.Its more of a gaming website you can say ill have it up shortly thanks guys for the hosting =) too bad my password doesn't work that it used =/

Erm.. i dnt have a site yet but waht that is gonna be on is a blog which like a web diary saying about my day and the things that i have done in that day and i will stuff about me, stuff for you- the vistor and tutorials and etc

My site contains information about me, my intrests and a huge collection of information related to computers and most important is the large collection of tutorials. But now I am not able to update my site as I am busy with my degree project. so my site is Inaccessible at present but will be active soon.

i dont have host atm, well. i have one but not using it, when and IF i get the Xisto hosting my webs, there is going to be massive WoW guildsite.featuring PhP- nuke with all the guild goodies and all.good graphics and alot of ppl will visit the sites.. just to see their ranks on game. everyone is welcome :lol: register forums and join the force :lol:,just let me get the package so i can get started

I've got a site for my freelance web design business and I also run a site for my local community association (hosted with T17). Then there's the sites I've built for other people that I'm the webmaster for but they're not really mine, I'm just the caretaker.