xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eee

Gmail Needs To Update

Ok i've been using gmail for about3-5 months so far and i like it i really do but the only thing i can honestly say is the mail space is perfect but the instant messanger is too plain the smilies looked like they were lazily made the good mail layout is too simple i think they should update it so people can register by internet web also cuz by mobile it kind of limits the limitations of registrations and also with the adding contacts i think it should be more like yahoo, msn, and aim when u can add people to your buddy list but yeah that's just my thoughts any thoughts :(

The whole reason that GMAIL is based on mobile subscription, is to stop people abusing the privliges. Though, some do anyway but inviting them selves multiple times. Though I mean, if you want gmail to be like hotmail, goto https://login.live.com/jsDisabled.srf?mkt=EN-US&lc=1033 and subscribe. If you love the service of GMAIL, stick to it. Gtalk is the most messed up IM I have seen in my life. I think I know one person with a gmail account, and 40 people with MSN. Youll never get rid of the passport :(

personally i hated Gmail from the begining because of the layout..on my hotmail i cant stand it..too slow, and i dont like the layout..for my yahooo i love it, i never get any spam, well i do, but it is always sent to my junk folder..and i just empty itfor hotmail, allot of the important e-mails are sent to the junk folder, when i have not had that happen to me in Yahoo..i also really like yahoos layout, its plain and simple, not many ads on my part..or atleast that i pay attention to they are all on placed i dont look so i never see them, but for hotmail theri smack dab in the middle

TO be honest the main reason I like Gmail is that it is not like Yahoo and hotmail, and gmail is (still) in beta (for an estimation of how long Google beta test products Google News came out of Beta yesterday after over 3 years of beta testing), personally I love the gmail layout, the main problem I have with hotmail is that the vast majority of most of the page is ads, and yeah it does seem to attract spam. gotta be honest I ain't used Yahoo mail for ages. Yeah Google Talk may be basic but again thats the reason I like it, I definately do not want to see another rip off the Yahoo messenger animated smily things (winks in MSN) that would totally ruin Google Talk, but as said before if you prefer Hotmail and Yahoo go and use one of them no one is forcing you to use Gmail.

New Gmail layout?Gmail Needs To Update

Is there a way to get the Gmail layout changed so that all required actions are grouped at the top ( likeOutlook) The longer a thread becomes, the worse it is to handle, and attachments etc can be overlooked.

-reply by geoff

GMail needs to downgrade. Ever since their updating (whenever that was) I lost the ability to "Select All Emails in Inbox" in Gmail Basic mode for slow connections. I can't understand why that feature would be missing, but I can't find it anywhere. I remember on regular Gmail you just select the whole page and it asks you if you want to do it. My Inbox just grows to huge sizes because I can't log in to the "regular" gmail to mass-archive or delete. I have to click every box by hand or I'm feeling really lazy I use a firefox extension to check all form boxes. If anyone knows of a better way, feel free to tell me..

You can have Yahoo and Hotmail. They are just spam magnets anyway. If you want a real email service nothing comes close to gmail

I agree with you about gmail. Gmail is great for their spam protection and I just use them for email anyways so an "upgrade" would be irrelevant. I hop on, read email, and leave.

I was at one point using pop3 as well so I wouldn't have to visit the site. That worked great but during reformats trying to import old emails into Microsoft Mail or whatever it's called, was horrible.

GMail is fine as it is, I don't see any need for it to upgrade or downgrade. I mean, I wouldn't complain if they DID upgrade, but it works just great as it is. The layout is clean, which is the way it should be since it's an e-mail service, but not so sparse that it feels empty. It's nice and convenient too, makes a great place to get a secondary email address, for when you have to sign up for a site you know is going to spam your inbox. I love GMail. The instant messenger is, granted, a little sparse, but that's because it doesn't have to be fancy. GMail is primarily an email service, the messenger is just something extra if you ask me.