xisto Community
jezza1989

Shes The One, But How Do I Go About Making It Happ

when i was roughly 12 years old i knew this girl , we got on really well and i had a bit of a crush on her (she may have shown the same feelings). i then didnt see her for 2yrs and a couple of years later i hav seen her out and about at tennis and we havent really spoken, iv probably spoken to her mum more because we know each other quite well! The other day i saw her where i work at the gym (im now 16) and she recognised me i think but were too shy to talk to each other. i still really like her alot!!! and want to date her but i think itll be really awkward to speak to her if i see her in the gym (where im planning to talk to her again). i just need advice on how to get to see her more than just at the gym and ask her out.Please help!!! :(

You are acting shy and giving off a vibe which is making her uneasy. Act happy to see her(don't be afraid to show it) and your happy vibe should make her relaxed and happy too. Peer pressure can work for you like that. Just walk up to her, no one is gonna ask you why so don't worry. The location looks excellent too, the gym is perfect, you can play tennnis with her or show her some techniques in the gym you work at.

Here's some links. They might be intended to be funny, but most of it is true especially the second one.

Things Guys Should Know About

13 Ways To Find Out If Someone Likes You - In the "For Girls" section you might want to do some of the nicer things listed.

And btw, don't ever give a girl space - if you back off she will think that you're not that interested (but don't act stalker obsessive!). :(

If she is into 'fitness' chat her up and suggest some activity which will enhance her fitness level a bit and get her outside of the Gym. I'm thinking a walk through a Nature area, hiking, biking, something aerobic...

I see it's your first post, welcome to Trap 17! Hope you enjoy your stay. :( Anyways, back on topic. You said you knew her when you were 12 right? Try to bring back some memories of anything special, so then you'll have an easier time talking to her. Once she feels more comfortable with you, then you can ask her out somewhere.. but not too early. :(

Well since the two of you have not talked in a long time a smile and a wave would be a good start. If she comes over to you ask her if she would like to go to coffee or for lunch or something to catch up. Its a great way to start. it would be a good idea to get to know her again. People do change in two years.

Well if i was you i would be urself walk up to her and ask her if she can teach you some moves in tennis LoL and talk to her like you use to ask her questions like where she lives.. what she is doin with her life.. and mayb if she has a boyfriend and if not ask her if she feels like seeing anyone.. and then KABLAMM.. you charm her and you have yourself a girlfriend

thanks for the replies! i was just wondering, i dont really know what days she goes and how often, so if i see her again it maybe the last... u never now lol. so if i see her how would i be able to see her more often (without askin for her number because its a bit stalkerish and i aint good on phones lol) and possibly 'hit it off' pretty soon. i know patience is a virtue but i really cant get her out of my head. Shes also roughly a year younger. would you see this as an advantage seen as younger girls generally like older guys.

Well if she regularly goes to the gym, strike up a conversation about that, then you can slip it in "how often do you come". Though, I have to agree with Unicornrose. Ask to go out and have a coffee or lunch to catch up. It's perfectly valid and 'innocent' reason for going out and you will get a foot in the door as the saying goes.

Well, In my opinion you should get into Tennis if you aren't already. After that, walk up to her one day and say "I remember you, My name is ___." If she gives you a blank stare, which would probably be best is to say "Don't you rember when ___" and bring up something fromt he past. If she does then just talk for a while. Try to find a way to be around her more, which is why I brought up you getting into tennis. Be like "Do you come here alot and play tennis" and if she says yes ask her to play a game or something. Let her beat you badly and ask her if she could help you out. That would be the way I approach it, but it's you life lol. :(

Not meaning to double post, but I forgot the most important part lol.After you guys have been going over tennis for a while, maybe like 2 weeks or something, strike up a conversation about crushes or better yet just flat out ask her to go for ice cream or getting something to eat, somewhere pretty, preferably outside around water I would guess, if not then make sure it's not some run-down place you go to. After about 2 weeks of spending alot of time with her then she should be prone to at leats give you a shot, but make sure you know that she isnt involved with no one else.

Im confident in going up to her and talking, but i need to find a way to talk to her so that its not just a one off, because i just sense that i'll speak to her once and catch up on 'the old days'.. then that will really be it! Nothing else to talk about! I need help so that we can have more conversations (of interest) and she will hopefully approach me in due course. p.s.- i will find it really hard if her mates are there 2, and even worse... another guy :( Please Help.. Any Tips??

Here's what you do.Treat her like anyone else. Pretend she's a guy for a while for all i care. Now, to get to know a person, u gotta have a conversation with her. So the next time you meet her, in a completely casual voice say that"I'm heading to <insert name of cafe or place> after school (or any other time you choose. Weekend is good) to relax and have some tea. You should join me. Ok. Cya then."Then when you meet her for drinks, act as if you've known her for the past ten years and that she's your best friend. No need to act like u just met her and want to know all about her childhood, family n that stuff. Humans are wierd. They follow your lead. If u act like she's an old friend, she'll feel infinitely more comfortable with you than if ur interrogating her and she feels like its an interview. Crack a few jokes, get her smiling. Don't hang out too long. You'll run out of things to say. 20 minutes, 30 minutes tops. Then say that u got an appointment or that u hv to pick up ur brother. Whatever. End of the thing, ask for her number. I guarantee u that it'll work.MOST IMPORTANT THING: Act like she's just a friend. A best friend, but still just a friend.

only advice I can give, is if she's an attractive girl then alot of guys have approached her and she won't think its a big deal if you approach her (I guarentee she's approached by many guys on a daily basis). Its only new for you, not her. She won't be mean if you get nervous and screw up.

hey im michael,im in 9th grade i sit next 2 this gurl in science class.i wanna ask her out but i dont know how.we always talk,she lafs and giggles at my jokes and she even touches me wen we talk.ive known her 4 about 3 months and she is so nice 2 me.i wanna kno if she likes me but im 2 scared 2 ask her that.she even asks me if ive had a girlfriend!(no)i just wanna kno if any1 can help me please! :angry: