xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amsterdamlaan

Lamabox Got-to-have Gadget....the Lamabox

There's a mistype on their index page.

Due to the large demand we kindly as for some patience

Should be:

Due to the large demand we kindly ask for some patience

Anyway, it looks like a great idea, but it only sounds useful if one is within a very large city with a free wireless internet connection, and free wireless internet connections tend to be a bit slow. This would probably work great for audio, but I can't really see it working very well for video, unless it is inside some hotel with a free high-speed wifi network that it can tap into.

It looks wonderful! I might just go and pick me up one of those suckers! Isn't it amazing what technology can take us too? I do think that it would be awesome for audio purposes, but like Cerebral Stasis said, it would be not as good for the video.

Woa that looks like "uber l337" lol. I wander if it is legal? What if I order it and get arrested lol. Thats still pretty cool though, you can watch movies, download games, music. I hope you won't get in trouble for using the "P2P" features too.

how come there's not any real picture of it??? its a shame there isn't a real picture that really shows how it is instead of some funky graphic. lol. Do you think it is real??? something using p2p is like illegal right?

No, P2P isn't illegal, but transferring copyrighted material that would normally be purchased across a P2P network in order to own it for free is illegal. P2P is just a very efficient way of transferring large files (since one shares the file with others, instead of all the bandwidth being sucked from one website).

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as reported.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

the device simply put is actually a standalone peer to peer downloader with some added "features", not much it can do that can't be done by a computer so I guess this will not be that popular in the long run.