xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster_2006

Hey The infamous Hey topic

Hey! I am new here at Xisto.com. I came here, at first to get hosting, and maintain it. I didn't know that I was going to fall in love with these forums. The people here are nice, and the forums are clean and neat. But, enough about why I am here: Here is some information about yours truely:Name: PhilAge: 14I play football for my varsity football team. I love reading books and building/maintaing websites. One of my many hobbies is to watch the sun set in our yard on summer evenings.Hopefully, I will get to know you all better very soon!

welcome to the Xisto forums phil! although you are the person who refered me here, then ended up refering you here after i started hosting and told you how good it was..i think you will like it here allot, the support is excelent! just so everyone knows phil is an excelent website kinda person! he likes to make the internet fun for other people, he likes to make sites to make other people happy and give them information (mainly about harry potter but who doesn't :( ) once again welcome to the forms! and i am posative you will enjoy your stay here!i am sure you will also like it even more when you start hosting, the cpanel is much more updated than byethost!! support is allot better to!

14 years old huh. i guess technology has reached far and wide, wide enough for young people like you to be involved. but don't take this the wrong way. i mean i don't mean anything bad, i actually believe that technology has good effects and all. it's just that i envy you because i started getting interested in the web when i was 17. i wanted to make my own site so i could feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with it.

*Futurama voice*

Welcome Phil, to the wooooorrrlld of tomorrrrrrooow!

This is certainly a great forum. I recently left anandtech.com because they just became one giant spam fest. But here, everyone is nice, posting only what is important and spamming in the correct subforums :( Also, it's so easy to get credits. Just tonight, not two hours ago, I had 1.66 days hosting credit, and now I'm up to 15 with only a couple posts! Make yours descriptive and helpful and you'll only need to refuel your credits every other week!

14 years old huh.  i guess technology has reached far and wide, wide enough for young people like you to be involved. but don't take this the wrong way. i mean i don't mean anything bad, i actually believe that technology has good effects and all. it's just that i envy you because i started getting interested in the web when i was 17. i wanted to make my own site so i could feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with it.

223259[/snapback]

Yea I know, the elementary school in my town is teaching the little 8 year olds HTML coding for personal websites and blogs. Makes me sad. I remember playing 2D oregon trail on the old apples with a bluescreen background. Hunting was hillarious though. Spinning around in a circle shooting pacmans, lol

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I am glad to be a part of these forums. To Albus, thanks for being a bit more descriptive than I was, as I was in a hurry. Well said. To Chev, they teach HTML to 8 year olds? WOW. Technology is really advancing, isn't it. I remember that Orgeon Trail game. Back when 2D was what 3D is now. The good ol' days. Wonder if they will ever return?About the forum, it IS awesome. I joined here, and thought: "WOW. I can actually have fun voicing my opinions, meeting new people, and get free hosting all at the same time." They are wonderful.Since this is my introduction to you all, I may as well tell you how I started learning HTML. No, it wasn't when I was 8, more when I was 11. I knew what We Design was, in general, and found a forum for Web Programmers. I asked a simple question: How do you make websites? I got a one word reply: HTML. So, I Googled it, and voila! I learned it. Then, I advanced in CSS, and then eventaully PHP, and PHP/MySQL. I love the challenge of building and maintaining a good website, and I have been hooked ever sense.