xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster_2006

I Hate Byethost! It is stupid

Other free webhosts look great and seem all good till we come to trap seventeen and how different it could be and how different the experience here could be. That's when we started thinking of our previous hosts. I was not with bytehost but I was with 100webhost and to be frank most of them are all the same. Once we come here we started talking about them. So, it's quite natural because nothing can get better than this service.

The last host I had was my-php.net. It sucked. I think they just found some way to use Byethost to make their own free webhost. Every time you try to do something, it would send you through like five different sites, includeing byethost, and it took forever to do anything with their old c-panel. All I know is it sucked!!!! :);) ;)

Why is there two or three good free hosts, and the others all trick you into you giving them your credit card number. Then they take credit cards and get all the money off of them. I can't fall for those scams yet, i don't have a credit card. Awardspace seems like a decent host, the best free hosts areXistoXistoQupisAward Space.Some horrid ones-FreewebsGeocites (not the best but still bad)AOL Hometownbyethost or whatever.You can't stand websites that have no purpose.

I don't know what to say but seems like this topic had made my day, I was looking to test out this php script that needed sql connections and say what, i couldn't find a better one and was thinking to try byethost again. One has to say that they offer very good services but when i hosted a single page there, the ads were so enormous that the page looked rather bleak on the site. The upload speeds are really dull for me there and stuff. Can't really thank this topic enough to get that darned idea of returning there out of my head.Lets see what Xisto has to offer, so far it seems really promising, hope so it turns out to be the same.

You really dont need to look any further than Xisto. You have a very rough time finding a host better. Trust me, I've searched and searched. No other free host has offered the same amount of freedom this one does. You dont need to look any further. Once you look for another free host from here, you will end up coming back.

I guess you guys are talking about BruteHost :XD: I share the same sentiments with you. I've also hosted a mock site with Byethost. At first I wasn't worried by their stone age control panel since they promised NO ads, PHP and a database. But then I found out I couldn't sent emails from my website since they disabled the PHP mail() function, and NO SMTP either! I just abandoned the site but sometimes when I check it out, I see some ads, sometimes I don't. These guys just don't stick to the service they promise.I have also tried a handful other free host, some are OK but most suck. ONLY Xisto rocks!

Yeah man Byethost was SLOW, "Not As" advertised, and extremely CRAP overall..And why does people need the whole "Upgrade Pyramid Scheme", they make the front-page look great, big texts / pics with "UNLIMITED BLAH BLAH" and "STABLE FREE HOST" etc.When you actually sign-up, you get nothing but a bunch of *BLEEP* in your face, and you feel like most of us then; *BLEEP* on :)Stick with Xisto, never let me down a second :XD:

Lol.... Cristopher Columbus mus have used it..... Lol. Welcome to the best hosting in the world, or atleast I have not seen a better one. I joined in about 2 or 3 years ago, I had been at manysites, and none of those compared to Xisto.

Yes I agree. That was my last host. Now I'm trying to get hosted on this site. :)

But it has an advantage.

Byet offers you to get free your own free hosting company... :D

Anyway doesn't work so good. But works.

I mean... you can get a free account for offer free hosting, and the sites that you host will show your adsense banner... :XD:

See ya.

I am not agree with you..I am a byethost.Com customer from 2007 onwards, and their service is very excellent.. No probelms found. Very good service. I think you did'nt know how to use or host a website. That's y you tell this type of words related to byethost. I used other free host sites like http://www.eface.in/ , free hostia, awardsapce etc. But better is byethost.

eface.In also good but Processing time is big. I mean that they using everything manually for avoiding spam. So more than 8 hours will take for creating an account with database. So byethost is better than all other.

Yes, I hate byethost too.Why I hate? - Because it is so stupid, with stupid cPanel skins (I don't think that that is cPanel), Outdated software on the servers. They are down almost every 2 days. I use my server - the best hosting ever

Yes, I hate byethost too.Why I hate? - Because it is so stupid, with stupid cPanel skins (I don't think that that is cPanel), Outdated software on the servers. They are down almost every 2 days.
I use
my server - the best hosting ever

I have agree. before I came here I had been looking into them and almost did, but someone told me I would be a fool :D to go there. and to come to the world of Xisto.

Byethost has to be one of the worst free hosting companies! They promise you the world, but they actually are giving you next to nothing! They give you a Control Panel that is so out-dated, Christopher Columbus may have used it! Half the time, pages don't load the way they should, or half the people trying to access a page can not properly view it. You have to pay to use PHP based mailers, to! Plus, the banners on every page are enough to make you want to punch your monitor, and say the heck with your whole website! So, after some coaxing from a friend, I decided to join here! Here's to a better free host!

Byethost is out to get money, not help serve the free web hosting community. Unlike Xisto, they offer crappy services to entice you the user to upgrade to their more professional ones. Their paid host isn't half bad. They do, of course, consequently oversell their services, but this is no different then their counterpart web hosts.