xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster_2006

I Hate Byethost! It is stupid

Byethost has to be one of the worst free hosting companies! They promise you the world, but they actually are giving you next to nothing! They give you a Control Panel that is so out-dated, Christopher Columbus may have used it! Half the time, pages don't load the way they should, or half the people trying to access a page can not properly view it. You have to pay to use PHP based mailers, to! Plus, the banners on every page are enough to make you want to punch your monitor, and say the heck with your whole website! So, after some coaxing from a friend, I decided to join here! Here's to a better free host!

i can totaly agree! that was my host before i swtched to this excelent host! the ad's wern't bad after i took the <head> tags off..i wasn't too happy about doing that because apparently google doesn't read the meta tags propperly if ther are not there. if you want to activate mail services on their servers you need to pay them .99 cents, and they will give you i think it was 10 e-mail accounts to go along with it. i dont see why they even bother with offering it..my main reason for switching here was because of that, and because of the ads, and also because the downtime here is allot better than at byethost! but welcome to Xisto forums!

me, too. I used that host too before I tried coming to Xisto. ByteHost felt like a complete scam that wasts your valuable time. It's disgusting. They charge you for everything, server speeds are slow, cpanel, like mentioned above is outdated. I hope I have a better host here at Xisto. :(

Mack just spelled it out perfectly. I own a top-level domain, with hosting on their severs (currently), and I truly hate it. From what I have heard about Xisto is that they are as good if not better than some paid hosts! I am very excited to be hosted here in the near future!

I agree tons. I currently have a Byethosting account.Stink. I hate the outdated control panel as mentioned above. It seemed great at first with the 250 MB but that ad! I hate everything about it! There's next to no features too! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! DIE BYETHOSTDIIE!

I agree tons. I currently have a Byethosting account.Stink. I hate the outdated control panel as mentioned above. It seemed great at first with the 250 MB but that ad! I hate everything about it! There's next to no features too! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! DIE BYETHOSTDIIE!

lol....well io had found a way to get past the ad, but it seems theyve found a way to get past my way of getting past the ad...so i have found out from a friend >_< but she likes that small ad comared to the big geocities ad...i tryed convincing her to come here but she cant stay active on the forum and doesn't feel like it..lol oo well..they dont know what their missing out on!

and as you said DIE BYETHOST DIE!! lmao :):rolleyes:

Lol.. is it really that bad? I wasn't going to sign up for it, I have come by it a couple of times, the layout quality didn't look so high. What they offered seem great, but I noticed it didn't say ad free, so I didn't sign up for it, and then I found Xisto, and I just started getting hosted two or three days ago, seems really good so far.EDIT: Typo. Thanks NDPA, I was distracted by something...haha

Edited by tuyetmy (see edit history)

Lol.. is it really that bad? I wasn't going to sign up for it, I have come by it a couple of times, the layout quality didn't look so high. What they offered seem great, but I noticed it didn't say ad free, so I didn't sign up for it, and then I founded Xisto, and I just started getting hosted two or three days ago, seems really good so far.

You... founded... Xisto? I thought that was OpaQue. :lol:

I'm just messing around. I know you meant "found".

But seriously, can a host REALLY be this bad? I have NEVER heard such a thing before! The way I hear it, Byethost is such a scam, it might as well be run by the devil! And that's something I've NEVER said before, but I feel even that is an understatement.

It's just unbelievable. When you hear someone offering "Free Web Hosting", you expect it to be quality, especially if it lists itself as having "Good Quality Features". To hear that a host has no signifigant quality or features whatsoever, totally disobeys the point. Websites like this should be taken off the web!

I feel the best way to explain my feeling of this host is to repeat a line said by Mark Lamarr, and indeed nearly everyone here:

(continually says "DIE!" for the next half hour)
Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

I Hate it too.But besides Xisto.com there is also a bunch of awesome free host servers out there, beleave me, also very stable and secure with tons of features, and with no need to post in the forums.Here are some examples:https://www.awardspace.com/ (The second best, first is Xisto.)
http://www.atspace.com/
https://www.100webspace.com/
(it has a litle banner on top)

I Hate it too.

But besides Xisto.com there is also a bunch of awesome free host servers out there, beleave me, also very stable and secure with tons of features, and with no need to post in the forums.

Here are some examples:

https://www.awardspace.com/ (The second best, first is Xisto.)

Never heard of that one before...
Tried it... setting up a site seemed rather a hassle, and I'm annoyed that they offer subdomains only. Me, I don't like services that give you a subdomain seven letters or more. Only Xisto qualifies for an exception, but I find it too techie.

https://www.100webspace.com/ (it has a litle banner on top)

Hate that one, if only because of the banner... but I've seen others use it and from what I've seen, they're not too pleased with it. It satisfies, but it doesn't deliver anything more than what a normal person might expect. Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

yeah, byethost could really be that bad..because it was..and if you came up with an error on the page such as 404 error, it will take you to a page like this THIS HERE and it doesn't even say the page cannot be found, it's unbelivable :lol:

OMG that is unbelivable! It's almost as if byethost is criticising it's own users of making bad websites, when 404s are ultra common!I have a feeling that this site will not last very long... sites like these should be outlawed in my opinion.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

yeah, but it has been in buisness and there are a ton of people who still go with their sites although there are better ones out there... they are just to lazy to search for one, and if they even do search for one they are too lazy to stay active on a forum that i find to be fun >_< expecially for the excelent ad free, upgraded hosting that we get

Did you try https://www.awardspace.com/ ?They have almost anything Xisto.com has, at least what's best, and they give 200MB, php, cgi-perl, mysql, good ftp speed, control panel,no ads, you can create tons of subdomains on your control panel in subdomains, good forum, and you don't need to post.Anyway, Xisto still rules, but this one is good.Also https://www.100webspace.com/ has 100's of good and positive replys by many people, you are the first one to say those things.

Originally posted at Byethost by: James (he wanted me to post it not copy and paste)

What the hell is wrong with the ads? Its just like all the others! Sure its not Google AdSense or BidVertiser, but its clean. To comment on one of the earlier posts, our downtime is over 98%, that is over all other free hosts, so why complain? With what you all state about our outdated control panel, we get positive reviews. We are planning on adding a fantastico feature.

We have also raised our 1mb file size limit to 5mb now, most files are below that. We have also hired more staff from around the world to assist with our higher customers. We also have created 2 new services, ByetClan.com for all CounterStrike gaming needs and Mega-File.net for file storage. We now accept forms of ID for mail() and email accounts activation.

My Opinion: Xisto is a great host period! Byethost is good too, except the 5mb file limit period lol. Dont want people hating me!
Edited by Thelaw (see edit history)