xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
melicaster

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol

In the context of computer networking, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv6) is a client-server networking protocol. A DHCP server provides configuration parameters specific to the DHCP client host requesting, generally, information required by the client host to participate on an IP network. DHCP also provides a mechanism for allocation of IP addresses to client hosts.When I access my modem configuration, the status show that my DHCP is not connected. So, I can't access the Internet.Help me!

well try rebooting the router or if you have a normal dial up modem (this works with broadband modems as well) just pull out the network cable or alternativley if it came with a power lead pull that out.if thats doesnt help rebot the computer then view the status again. this should sort out the problem

Edited by mxweb (see edit history)