xisto Community
delivi

Problem With Fonts - Please Help Me Fonts not being displayed

All my fonts Other than in English are not being displayed properly. I can see only plain english text if I use a font in any language other than English. Whats the reason and how to rectify it?

Did you use these fonts in a web page and then uploaded them? Usually, when visitors of your site don't have the font that you used in their systems, the font switches to the default font (like Times New Romans). :(

Did you use these fonts in a web page and then uploaded them?  Usually, when visitors of your site don't have the font that you used in their systems, the font switches to the default font (like Times New Romans). :(

222896[/snapback]

Actually the problem is not in my Website but in my System.

If the problem is to do with your system, then please try posting your system specifications here, maybe that'll help the rest of 'em in helping you out, if you know what I mean :(In any case, with respect to your first post:Reason: probably missing fonts that you need to download and install. Exact instructions vary from platform to platform (which is why it'll be nice to see the specs).Rectification: Get the fonts and install them.HTH... cheers :(

My System Specs

Intel Pentium 4 3GHz

Intel 915GV

512 MB RAM

LG DVD RAM ReWriter

Samsung SyncMaster 793MB

Windows XP Version 5.1(Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519:Service Pack 2)

Someone please help me out of this problems as I am now not able to use any of those fonts in any application.

:EDIT:

Actually the fonts are Installed properly in my system.

Even when I open the Fonts folder from Control Panel , when I open any font I am not able to see them in corresponding languages but they are shown as plain texts.

Notice from mayank:
Added :EDIT: section, as reported

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

Please some one help me. I am still not able to use any fonts other than English installed in my system in the documents I create. Please someone provide me a solution

a month later and still having this problem? :huh: what font/s are you trying to view which doesn't seem to be viewed as intended (indicate FONT name/s)?what type of fonts are they - example: true-type fonts (TTF) or some other type?can you provide a screenshot of what you are able to produce when viewing them? and if you can provide a sample font which we can download to likewise test it on our systems to see if same problem occurs, that would be helpful in giving you some more insights regarding your problem. just one or two will suffice, i guess, just for testing purposes.

I've lost patience and I've to carryout my work so I made a clean install of the OS This solved my problem. But if anyone of u found a solution please post it here it will be helpful in case this occurs in future and for others facing the same problem.