xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Connection Error 800a0e7a On Win Server 2003 X64

We have just set up a Windows Server 2003 x64 system for the purposes of being a dedicated web server/media streaming server. Up to this point, we have been using Windows Server 2003 x86 environment and everything is running well.I have migrated the IIS settings over to the new server and all appears to be going well when tested except that I have now lost all DB connectivity to the 3 small Access databases that I have in the server. All permissions and set ups are the same. Based on past experience, I thought that it had to do with my Jet 4.0 drivers not being up to date, but a check of those against that on the service pack 8 indicates that my versions are the same as those in that Service pack...but to be sure, I downloaded the x64 version of the software and the install says that while the version is valid, it is not for the correct machine type ???? So I downloaded the x86 software, and that also did not work (of course). I then checked my Jet 4.0 drivers on my x86 machine...and they are OLDER than the ones on my x64 machine...I am totally confused and do not understand...Here is the code that I use to call the databases:strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=e:\Star Thrower Website\forum.mdb"ANY help to figure out why it works in on one server and not the other would be most helpful.....THANKS!

The only WORKING solution

Connection Error 800a0e7a On Win Server 2003 X64

Was surfing the Internet for hours to solve the 800a0e7a error On Win Server 2003 X64

Just type this string in "Run..." dialog window to enable 32bit applications through the 64bit IIS:

"cscript.Exe C:InetpubAdminScriptsadsutil.Vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 true"

I was really glad of solving this ****ing_the_brain problem.

-reply by Nikita Mendelbaum