xisto Community
wansuen

Google Adsense Tax? Does adsense tax you on your earning?

I know that google adsense want to know your tax information and stuff but does that mean that they will tax you on your earnings regardless of how much you made? or only if you went over a certain amount?

i think your not right.

you get your money by google chek ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ )

and only thing that you pay for tax is the amount of % that bank use from your Google Check to pay you with real money...

i think there is nothing else.

222427[/snapback]

Thanks for the response, so are you saying like when I cash their check that the bank I cash it at will take a percentage of the amount? So it's not like they report it in the same way a pay check would be reported so that the government knows.

I don't believe google reports it, for their documents they need to file who they are paying. And technicaly speeking you should be filling the google check as alternate income, but I won't be one to give tax advice.

i think you will get taxed as soon as you reach the minimum to get taxed....in california if you make under $2000 or something...you don't get taxed.

google does not deduct taxes from your earnings! They are NOT your employer and that is why they do not deduct taxes. Google treats you as a contractor. And as for the bank taking the taxes when you cash the check, that is totally wrong. Banks will NEVER deduct taxes for you. It is up to you to declare your own taxes. As posted before, google adesense earnings are considered extra income, like renting out your house, or if you had your own business (non-incorporated). There is a minimum amount where if you make less than that amount, you do not have to declare taxes.I don't remember what that amount is, since I make much more than the minimum... though not from adsense... from my job...