xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeysicily

She Got Me

I did a lot of internet datting, which is how I winded up meeting my wife, but let me tell you I had LOTS of crazy stories.Here is one that stood out.Started talking to a girl online. she seemed cool. I told her how I'm very spontaneous that I would meet a girl after just talking to her one day. Well anyway she says lets talk on the phone. I say sure. I start talking to her on the phone and it sorta sounds like she has candy in her mouth when shes talking. So, I got thinking , that sounds a little weird.So then she's like hey why don't you come meet me tonight and I said ah.. not really up to it and it's late.. Then she starts to ramble about I thought you were spontaneous... your not spontaneous. Finally I was like fine.. I'll come pick you up and we will go get some coffee or something.So I go meet her and could you belive the girl has a friggen hearing aide and was not attractive at all. Wow, I was amazed. I drove her for like 15min.. and i'm thinking theres no way i'm stopping anywhere.. I just want to go home.. So i wasnt rude or anything.. but finally I was like I have to go and dropped her off.The very next day, she IMs me and says what did you think and I say I felt deceived. You didn't tell me anything about having a hearing problem. I felt that I need to at least know what I'm getting into before its like SURPRISE i'm handicapped. That's one story.. Maybe I'll share another one later

Well you can't really expect anything if you haven't seen her before. Meeting online and putting an image in your head can't make you think that is what she looks like. Besides, just because she wears a hearing aid doesn't mean you shouldn't like her but if you had nothing in common well then there ya go I guess. I wouldn't go meet someone I don't know like that though. I have heard bad stories.

Well you can't really expect anything if you haven't seen her before.  Meeting online and putting an image in your head can't make you think that is what she looks like.  Besides, just because she wears a hearing aid doesn't mean you shouldn't like her but if you had nothing in common well then there ya go I guess.  I wouldn't go meet someone I don't know like that though.  I have heard bad stories.

222301[/snapback]

Well, of course there are bad stories. but you know.. internet dating was one of the most exciting days of my life. Before life was boring not really meeting many people so no stories. With meeting girls online wow.. it was soo exciting to see what they were gonna look like or trying to put a picture with the face or even seeing a picture and wondering if she would looke better or worse. It was truly exciting and the stories will stay with me forever how funny and pyschotic people can be.

It's user beware with online dating. In my opinion it shouldn't matter what disabilities she/he has. Yeah if you just want to get laid i could see being instantly repulsed but i would hope you aren't online trying to do that. I met my current girlfriend on an online dating site and later found out she was a deaf mute, which i had no clue of beforehand. she has the absolute best personality and a great set of green eyes and we're very happy together.

I wish I could read all your stories. That one story was like a lead on for me to want to read more. It sounds pretty interesting and internet dating in a way sounds fun and dangerous at the same time.

It only becomes dangerous when you get yourself led in to certain things, like meeting the person, and not really knowing who they are. I don't understand how internet dating can be different to someone choosing a name out of a phone book or going on a blind date.People are becomming more and more relient on technology, yet they stil dont reliese there are greater risks involved then just seeing whats on the screen, like hacking, spyware, viruses.

HAHAHA, that is really funny, shallow, but really funny. When i say shallow, its in a very realistic way, i am 100% sure i would react the same way. But yeah, ive never been turned on by the whole internet dating thing simply because of stories like this.

You know. . .although it's kind of funny. . .I really don't think that she was trying to deceive you. She probably just figured that she shouldn't let her hearing problem get in the way of her life. In telling you that she had one in the first place, without you asking if she had anything different or odd like that about her, it could sound more like she wasn't comfortable with herself. I think that would have been the more handicapped downside in itself than the hearing aid.

:S I dont like it how you're angry for her not telling you about her handicap. She might have been rejected because of being handicapped before, and hoped that you were different. You could have been like "I'm sorry... I have trouble coping with dating someone with physical disabilities. I still would like to stay frineds though!"... Its not fair to be mad. Imagine how hard it would be...

Yeah, I agree, a very shallow reaction. I'm not saying its unjustified, only that she didn't deceive you to lie to you. She was probably embarassed and really thought she might stand a chance with you because you seemed like the sort of guy that wouldn't care. Had you asked, I'm sure she would have explained why her voice sounded so weird like that. It's sad that you reacted so meanly towards her because she probably already has a negative self image and this definitely isn't going to help any. It would have been better had you said that she is really nice and all but you think it's best if you just remain friends.I think you're being a little insensitive, but I agree that this story makes me want to hear more that you have had, lol.