xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WBBulldogs

I've Looked Everywhere!

I am looking for a website template which will be about two games for right now, DDR and The Legend of Zelda. I will put my own template on their as soon as I learn how to in my web design class. Which won't be until a couple of months. V_V So I was wondering if anyone here had an idea to a good template. I need a template with like a forest green color but also maybe some blue to represent DDR. I swear I've looked everywhere and I cant find a premade template that's dark with a forest green and blue. So please help anybody.

There is more to the design of a webpage than the colours used in it.Part of the design is the functional aspect of it. Do you want a single page layout? Or a side bar to contain a list of links? A footer with links and Copyright info? Two columns or three? Is Standard Compliance an issue? html or xhtml? Tables? No Tables? Embedded CSS or CSS Style sheet? Lots of images? A photo gallery?What do you want besides the colours you have asked for?

Jlhaslip makes a good point. Creating a one to, say, five page site should be easy to accomplish even with basic HTML. Better yet, there are dozens of easy-to-use HTML editors and web development software available for free or low cost that would allow to create what you are describing. Even traditional desktop publishing software like Microsoft Word should allow you to build a site and save it as HTML.CSS is becoming more and more the way people are designing, however I would say it is still in it's infancy. There are programs like Macromedia's Dreamweaver that allow you to easily create styles from your existing page or add them as you go on a new page.If you get stuck, try searching the internet for tutorials, tips and tricks or premade templates on HTML, CSS, JAVA and different software like Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop.

We can suggest you if you tell us from where are you going to get those two games. If you happen to use content management systems like mambo, php-nuke and others for those games, sites that offer free templates are very different. But if you are going to make your own game, most free templates come with footer copyright to be left intact. I suggest you to search Google with 'free templates' you will get many.If you know a little bit of Dreamweaver you can do on your own too. It is the best. This is my recommendation.