xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sizux

Why I Don't Like Froogle 5 reasons

Froogle is another add-on to the massive industry Google, which now has billions of dollars. Gaining reputation is one thing they're striving for--and they must create many new features. Along the way comes Froogle, a product-searching engine that allows you to find the best products at your personal price range and style. However, I care less for it. These are some reasons why:1. Shows eBay auctions:Sure, eBay is a nice place. However, when I'm shopping for new products, I don't want to see a bunch of eBay auctions. I'd rather see them from real companies, like Target or Kmart.2. Shows several irreverent products:If you ever search for something and put "lowest price first", a bunch of products not even related to the product your searching for will show up. You have to scramble through about 10 pages to reach products; even so, they're most likely eBay auctions that already ended.3. Inaccurate prices:When you look through the list and find the product you want, the price on the right may vary from the price on the actual website. I don't mind if it's a few dollars, but they can vary from $50-$75. Sometimes I believe they're lower the price on their list so you can click on them. And, thus, they receive money each click. So, easy money, right?4. Not Organized:Either it's me or Froogle is constantly changing, so you have to search around for the options. Seriously. Sometimes the "sort by lowest price" option will be at the top-right, while other times, it'll be somewhere else. When searching for a product with many categories, the category box will appear. This makes the sorting price option fly somewhere else. I sure wish it were stationary.5. Inaccurate titles:I guess this is part of #2, but it is still important. When searching for popular "multi-series" products--mostly games and movies--you'll find several of the other games in the series. For example, if you're searching for Final Fantasy VII, you might find pages full of Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy VI products. This can be quite annoying, even if you use the remove feature. (By adding a "-" before the words you don't want to search for.)So, to conclude my opinion, I don't think Froogle was a good add-on. Well, if you're patient enough, it can help you out a lot. However, if you're the impatient type like myself, you'll find this a bit annoying.

It is good that they removed Froogle from their homepage. Keeping a product for an umlimited beta is insane. Google has been abusing the concept of beta just too much. I feel they are losing confidence in themselves. In this matter I have to say that Microsoft is doikng quite well. They are entering the market with a beta but quickly are getting out of beta and making the service live unlike Froogle which has been under beta for the past 5 years.5 years feel almost a generation in this fast Internet age

Google Product Search (which I only know because I just looked it up on wikipedia, I didn't know what it was before). I don't really see the point, and they shouldn't have renamed it, the word "froogle" is funny, "Google Product Search" is not.

I agree. Google went a bit wrong with froogle. I mean I don't think anyone hold it against them or anything, because let's face it, they don't advertise it too much, but if one were to use it, you would have to have heard of it someway and like it. I don't like again for exactly the same reasons at the beginning!

Even Google saw the errors of their ways with Froogle. They shut it down and merged it with Google Products, which isn't doing much better. Google simply hasn't put the time and resources into this side of their business. Plus, other sites have done a much better job of finding products for consumers.Regards,z.